“A wonderful B+B!”

The Maguire House B&B
Ranked #1 of 3 Ashburnham B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The Maguire House was a fantastic place to stay. The setting is wonderful, with a nice view of the lake. During our stay we did the approximately 2.2 mile hike up to Mount Watatic, which was only about a 10 minute drive from the Maguire House. The hike was wonderful, with a great view at top. The innkeepers were extremely friendly and helpful, and breakfast was wonderful. We definitely hope to return there again!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed here one night and wished we would have made it two. This was the greatest bed and breakfast we have stayed at so far! We stay at 4 to 6 B & B's a year and over the course of the last 10 yrs this was the best! The views are spectacular and so peaceful! Very relaxing! Definitely going back and can't wait! Paul and Terry made us feel right at home.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I combed through the internet looking for a place to stay in the Ashburnham/Ashby area because I had had a truly forgettable experience at a nearlby Inn, and just couldn't go back. I came across Maguire House, and it looked promising, so I took my chances and reserved it, not really believing that I would find anything special, because special is rare and almost impossible to find. I was absolutely stunned to find that the Gods had led me to a glorious place from another time, a place where its owners love, and care, and nurture "place," and are masters of the complex art of gracious hospitality. The house is immaculate, and charmingly full of detail. The food is homemade by loving hands. Guests feel truly cared for and truly respected by Terry and Paul, who have missed nothing when it comes to planning for the comfort of their guests. I was deeply relieved to discover that a place like Maguire House really and truly does exist, a place that, for once, didn't leave me wishing I were someplace else.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My sister and I took my father here for a Fathers Day getaway... we all loved this B&B. Terry & Paul were more than accommodating. We arrived and were greeted by their son who showed us our room. We stayed in the Wisteria room. The view overlooking the back yard and garden to the reservoir below was breathtaking. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. There were abundant snacks all around that we could help ourselves to. The next morning breakfast was quite and event. First we had a delicious fruit and yogurt parfait with fresh berries and granola followed by freshly baked and still warm mixed berry coffee cake finished with eggs Benedict!!! I am getting hungry writing this. We relaxed on the back porch and decided that we would go hiking that day. We did not bring hiking boots so the innkeepers were so nice to lend us some great hiking boots. After we said our goodbyes and are longing to come back... I will definitely spread the word.

Room Tip: The Wisteria room has its own private bath adjoined to the room. The 2 other guest rooms bathrooms a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I was so lucky to visit The Maguire House on a perfect day. Paul & Terry greeted me with such warmth and compassion that it took me bare minutes to feel at home. The B&B house is beautiful, from the gardens surrounding the house to the astounding view of Naukeag Lake behind the house. You will also notice some beautiful birds around that area, such as the mocking bird, bluebirds, hummingbirds, loons and many many more. I feel like this is a great place to relax on your own when on a business trip, and better for couples on a romantic getaway whether it is for a surprise date or an amazing honeymoon. I would certainly consider having my wedding there if it came to it! 10/10 For food, comfort level, reception and nature.

Room Tip: All of them are great, I genuinely enjoyed the Rose room with the amazing view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I will say that my stay(s) at the Maguire House have been more than fantastic! It is hard not to enjoy a getaway that feels like a home away from home. Paul & Terry go out of their way to make their guests feel at home, comfortable and comfortable! It is difficult to pick a favorite part of the stay at the B&B. One could say the beautiful view of the mountains and lake are the best part. Or the short drives to enjoy the neighboring areas with cute little shops and small-town fun! However, my favorite parts are the blissful nights of heaven spent snoozing away in the most comfortable beds! The small pillows of heaven and luxurious down blankets are enough to make anyone sleep like a baby! Following a remarkable nights of rest comes the most delicious breakfast anyone can think of! Warm coffee. Fresh baked goods. And, I was even able to have a delectable breakfast of stuffed french toast with nutella and fruit! What a treat. I would definitely recommend the Maguire House to anyone looking for a relaxing, quite getaway. I will definitely be coming back whenever I have the opportunity to!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2011

My husband and I love Paul & Terry's beautiful bed and breakfast. Only about an hour away from our house, we go here to relax and enjoy the beauty of the region and pampering by the innkeepers. The rooms are spectacular, with a great view of Mt. Monadnock, the food is amazing and always available, and the location of this B&B is perfect for anyone looking to relax, or looking for outdoor/nature adventure. I can't recommend this place enough!

Room Tip: The Wisteria room is the best. It's a bit more, but trust me, you'll love the view outside t...
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Maguire House B&B? Share your experiences!