“Decent food and little different”
Review of Kathmandu Spice - CLOSED

Kathmandu Spice
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed September 15, 2010

We were staying at the Homewood Suites at the Arlington/Cambridge border and just walked down Mass. Ave. looking to decide what we might try for dinner. This restaurant seemed to be a little different so we decided to try it. We asked for recommendations for more milder spiced items and were told that for most dishes they could adjust the spiciness to our taste. We opted for some shrimp in coconut sauce which was delicious. The tandoori chicken we ordered showed up on a sizzling plate which was unexpected. It too was very good. We also had the curried potato and cauliflower which was enjoyable. Overall, the meal was to our liking.

Reviewed April 27, 2010

I had the opportunity to visit this restaurant with my wife and a couple of friends recently. Overall, I thought that the restaurant had some good menu options. We were keen on trying the items that were considered to be Nepali (versus things that could also be had in an Indian restaurant).

We were asked about the degree of "spiciness" that we wanted for the dishes ordered. This was much appreciated - and helpful for those that aren't accustomed to spicy food. We ordered it hot, and found that the dishes weren't very intense (for Indian/South Asian standards). They were all flavorful, and some dishes were definitely unique.

I would definitely encourage vegetarians to have a look at the menu options prior to visiting. Though they do have various dishes available - I felt that those options could also be had at Indian restaurants.

The area where guests are likely to enter is a bit cramped, and that particular section of seating can feel tight. However, there is additional seating beyond. We would likely ask to be seated in the other section for the next visit.

The choices at this restaurant aren't cheap, but they're also not extreme either. It's likely that I would recommend this restaurant to my friends...

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 24, 2008

too spicy for me!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 8, 2008

good, simple food. reasonably priced. very friendly.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook