“Good food, prompt service, noisy and dark setting”
Review of Tryst

Tryst
Reserve with OpenTable
Tryst is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 114 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Court St. & Water St.
Transit: Bus routes: 62, 67, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 84, 87
Arlington, Massachusetts
“Good food, prompt service, noisy and dark setting”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Went to Tryst twice in past few months, seated near bar once and in back restaurant another.
Biggest gripe is restaurant is quite dark and noisy. Hard to see food, or to hear others at table. Little candles on table are nice touch, which I always like, but I also like to see where I am!
Excellent burgers and very nice salads. Staff is courteous, helpful, and not at all pretentious.

• Visited May 2014

“this tryst should be no secret..”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have eaten at Tryst many times, as well as simply had drinks at the bar. As a matter of fact, we prefer the bar when eating as to be near the "action" as it were? We love Andrew and Paul the bartenders, who make a great drink, and are quick with an order and a joke.
There is ample seating but reserve ahead if you want a table! This local is a favorite in the area, and hopping on weekend nights. Food is very good..and there is a bar menu if you have a burger in mind!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sulldoggy
Arlington, Massachusetts
“Very good food - Nice happy hour drinks”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I went to Tryst with my mom. I had bought a groupon for a 4 course dinner. The food was very good, but I didn't like the fact that people with a groupon were asked to sit at the less fancy side of the restaurant which was a bit noisy. The truffle fries are very good.
It is a bit pricey though.

Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“great brunch”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

had a fantastic brunch here last weekend. I had the mushroom omlette which was fantastic and a side of the hash which changes flavor weekly, this week it was pork and was delish. My husband had heuvos rancheros which was good had a crispy tortilla instead of the usual soft version which he enjoyed. Was sort of loud probably due to the hardwood floors an open ceiling, but they also had booths which looked cozy and would probably be easier to converse in.

• Visited April 2014
Newton, Massachusetts
“Excellent brunch”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I've never had dinner or lunch here, but I heartily recommend the brunch. My husband had a special deal for $15, one small dish and one larger dish. We started with an amuse bouche, two small squares of streusel coffee cake which reminded me of Sara Lee -- in a good way. Next, tasty breaded shrimp with a piquant sauce on a nice, crispy taco, then really good blueberry pancakes -- not those heavy, bready things but thin, slightly crispy cakes with real maple syrup. The egg sandwich was creative and delicious: a home made, dense, warm roll, one half with melted cheese (gruyere I think), the other with your choice of egg (mine was nicely poached) on shaved ham. Only one egg so I paid $2 for a second one. The fries are excellent. My husband had the huevos rancheros, also very good.

• Visited March 2014