“Always great!”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Since opening in 1999, Punjab restaurant has garnered rave reviews for quality and execution of our superb Indian cuisine. Only the freshest and highest quality ingredients are used to prepare it. Our staff is always friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. And you are always welcome here.
Arlington, Massachusetts
“Always great!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have eaten here countless times, and I'm always impressed with the quality of the taste and food. By far the best Indian restaurant in the Arlington/Cambridge/Somerville area.

• Visited August 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“food is so-so, service is ho-hum, location is great!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I've eaten at Punjab many many times. The food has been consistent; consistently ho-hum. there's nothing there that I would say really stands out as being exceptional. The service is like most Indian restaurants in the US; reasonable. Don't expect the wait staff to pair wine with the food for you, they likely don't drink. You get a couple of kinds of Indian beer and some local beer, they have a full service bar but the bartender can't mix a drink particularly well.

Good comfort food; four people for about $60, one for about $20 at dinner. They have no lunch buffet.

The location, excellent.

• Visited June 2013
“Great job, Punjab!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is one of our “go to” restaurants here in the Boston area. It’s consistently great food, the service is outstanding and the atmosphere is clean and charming.

Tonight, we went for dinner. We ate at the bar. I had the Ginger Basil Gimlet, one of my favorite drinks around. For starters we had the Meat Samosas. For entrees we ordered the Tandoori Chicken which comes with Naan and the Chicken Tikka Masala (because I am an unreformed middle aged white guy). The total bill for our meal, including drinks and before tip was right around $46.00. The meal was excellent.

I really recommend the Punjab Bar which is maybe Arlington’s best kept secret. It is nicely laid out, never crowded and the drinks are among the best in town. There are two TV’s so you can watch the Red Sox AND the Bruins.

Bottom line: Great Indian food, great drinks, comfortable atmosphere. A place you can easily bring friends.

• Visited July 2013
Naples, Florida
“Authentic Indian food, service was terrific”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Enjoyed my first experience at Punjab. The staff was careful not to place cilantro into my entrees as I am allergic. The meals were delicious and filling. The MAAN was terrific with our entree as were the appetizer rolls. Overall...great experience and will plan on returning!

• Visited May 2013
“Unsurpassable Indian food”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Located in Arlington Center, Punjab boasts a tastefully decorated venue with courteous staff, great service, freshly made naan and other Indian breads, and superb Indian cuisine. The lamb tikka was exceptional, chicken and lamb masala was superb, prices were quite reasonable. ~ $60.00 for 2 adults 3 children. I don't give 5's lightly, go!