“I guess all good things must come to an end - declining quality and value”

Punjab Indian Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 113 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Since opening in 1999, Punjab restaurant has garnered rave reviews for quality and execution of our superb Indian cuisine. Only the freshest and highest quality ingredients are used to prepare it. Our staff is always friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. And you are always welcome here.
Boston, Massachusetts
“I guess all good things must come to an end - declining quality and value”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We have been regulars at Punjab for the past 10 years and have always been huge fans, but I'm sorry to say that I the quality in the past few months has noticeably declined - sauces are watery, portions are smaller and service is worse. We've talke to several other regulars and the theory is that there is new management. No matter what the case, this is very depressing as Punjab was a great restaurant.

• Visited July 2012

“Best. Poori. Ever.”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

3 words: Get the poori (puffy, deep-fried bread)!
P.S. Order the delicious shrimp korma as well!

Arlington, Massachusetts
“standard Arlington Center Indian fare”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This used to be one of our favorites in Arlington Center, but I feel the quality has gone down over the past year, particularly the chicken curry dishes (there is less chicken and the quality is iffy).

Visited March 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Nice decor, feeble food and service”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

It seemed so promising to visit the US and have a decent indian meal, this is an international cuisine. However, it was all quite disappointing.

The decor is indeed very appealing, and leads one to believe a treat is store. The reality is different. First of all, I asked for Cobra lager, sorry no, then Chicken madras, sorry no, try Chicken Karahi (not really the same), and at this point I was not very surprised to hear they didn't do mushroom rice with the main course.

My starter was chicken tikka, which was dry and rubbery, not "melt in the mouth" as expected, we surmised this had been reheated. My Chicken Karahi was dry and also unappetising, nothing like I understood the dish to be, and not terribly flavourful, heat being substituted for flavour. The Naan bread I ordered was quite nice, and the rice, but I felt at this point there was something badly lacking in the kitchen if common, basic dishes not on the menu could not be prepared to order. This should not be excused because "this is not a London restaurant" as I was told.

All in all quite poor and not recommendable

• Visited May 2012
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
“Most yummy Naans”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Yummy food...super delicious paneer and korma but best of all the naan basket...waiting to visit again :)

• Visited May 2012