“lobsters cooked to order...”
Review of Fresh Pond Seafood

Fresh Pond Seafood
Ranked #37 of 114 Restaurants in Arlington
Reviewed December 5, 2012

...and on the table 5 minutes later.
good haddock and chips too.
plates are very generous, so we order a haddock plate and medium shrimp and that makes enough food for two

1  Thank Geoffrey S
There are newer reviews for Fresh Pond Seafood

Reviewed November 26, 2012

this is a great little seafood market/restaurant. you can buy any type of seafood you want and you have the option of eating there. we visit there on trips to my daughter and husband, who thankfully live next door. in fact, last visit there, instead of eating out, we purchased some fresh shrimp, purchased some wine up the street, and cooked at home. great evening.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

No pretensions here, just fabulously fresh seafood. Not cheap, but the splurge is well worth it. The lobster roll has ½ pound of succulent meat on it. Crab cakes are heavy on the crab, easy on the filler, and absolutely delicious. Generous sides of fries and cole slaw included. Being from California, we didn’t know what “crab bellies” were. The helpful clerk fried up a generous sample for us to try, and we ordered a carton on the spot. Located in Arlington, a straight shot NW of Boston on Hwy 2A. Website is freshpondseafood.com.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My sister has gotten fresh fish and some of the take-out here and recommended that I stop in and get some fish to prepare at home. We both found the quality of the fish to be good, perhaps a bit expensive.
The selection was a bit limited and when I asked the young woman behind the counter if they had any filet of sole or swordfish or if they might have some later in the week, she seemed rather put out, so I let it go.
Overall, I'd give it a try again. It's nice to have a seafood shop nearby.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We got a lobster roll and a soft shell crab sandwich. The lobster roll had a LOT of mayonnaise on it and it almost seemed like the roll was pre-loaded, and therefore soaking the bun. It's New England so I am picky about my roll.

The fish for sale didn't look as fresh as I would like. I went to this place frequently when it was by Whole Foods and recommended it up and down. Hopefully I went on a bad day. I am going to try it again but this first time back I wasn't thrilled.

1  Thank becknuts