“Great pizza and a welcome alternative to chains”
Review of Nicola Pizza House - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nicola Pizza House
Cuisines: Pizza
Boston, MA
“Great pizza and a welcome alternative to chains”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was surprised to read other reviews disparaging this local landmark. This is a family-run pizza place that always brings up images from the movie, Mystic Pizza, in my head. I wouldn't go here for "eat in" (tiny, crowded space that isn't particularly welcoming) but it's the best take-out pizza in the area. I bring home Nicola's pizzas when I host meetings at my home and they always get rave reviews. Price is very reasonable compared to Bertucci and other local pizza restaurants.

• Visited March 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Big Bucks!”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Too bad about this place... prices are too high for the food quality and atmosphere. You want Italian style thin-crust pizza? Go to Capri or head to downtown Lexington for Mario's or downtown Arlington to Papa Gino's.

Visited March 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Never never again! Horrid people with bad service.”
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Terrible terrible service when we called to place a pick up order. The man in the phone yelled "I don't know what you are talking about!" when I asked for cheese sticks then actually hung up on us as I was asking if we could add more marinara sauce. Really how hard is it to be nice??? You are running a business! I was just exhausted and forgot to call them mozzerella sticks for gods sake. We have eaten here once and it was ok at best but since friends of ours love them we decided to give them a second chance after a long night at work. There are plenty of great places to eat in Arlington. This is not one of them. At least I got to call him a bad name when I cancelled our order ;)

Boston
“Rough around the edges”
Reviewed January 6, 2010

Their pizza is ok, but not worth dealing with gruff people. The customer is always right, but they don't play that way. Don't give them any business.

Raleigh, NC
“great food!”
Reviewed December 5, 2008

My husband and I love this restaurant. The service is a little gruff, but we've never had anything but hot, fresh and fabulous food. It's the best Italian in Arlington.