“Best Mexican in the Arlington area”
Review of Zocalo Cocina Mexicana - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Zocalo Cocina Mexicana
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Great atmosphere, loved the Sangria, and the peppers filled with mushrooms and cheese.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Zocolo is a great little Mexican restaurant that is not just bean and rice burritos, although you can get one of those there. I usually get the vegetarian tamale - it is very good. The guacamole is made right at the table and is great also. It is a very inviting restaurant and we go back time and time again.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

Been to this restaurant several times and the food is always good. It's definitely a neighborhood family place so don't expect any bells and whistles just good Mexican food at a very reasonable price. It's great to have good Mexican food in a local place so haters beware. If you lose this place you'll be stuck with yet another Average Joe's!

Reviewed September 24, 2011

I had high hopes for Zocalo, it's a small, funky, neighborhood restaurant that always has the greatest smells wafting from it if you walk by. But we were just so, SO disappointed to get a bowl of bland, store bought chips and the salsa was more like a spicy tomato puree than a nice, chunky salsa. What genuine Mexican restaurant doesn't make their own tortilla chips? (Well, they don't!)
The food was good, my husband and I both got enchiladas, his was pollo mole and mine was a chicken enchilada with an orange tomato sauce (which I couldn't really taste, although the enchilada itself was good--good chicken and cheese), our meals came with a generous serving of black beans and rice, but they didn't have too much flavor. The enchiladas were good, but we've had better. We love Mexican food and this was just not as outstanding as we hoped.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Yes its small. Yes its family run. And its wonderful. On the down side, it can also get loud and doesn't have a place to wait for a table. But I love the food. My husband from CA & TX thinks they are one of the best around.