“Good food, service so, so”
Review of Tango Restaurant

Tango Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tango Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 111 Restaurants in Arlington
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Medford Street
Transit: Arlington Center Bus Stop.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food, service so, so”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Serving typical Argentinian food (lots of meat!) in a pleasant if slightly noisy atmosphere. Good pair of guitar players add to the ambiance. Food was a little on the expensive side but well prepared and tasty. The place to go for empanadas and brochettes of beef and the desert was impressive.

• Visited October 2012

New Castle, New Hampshire
“Wow! What a great meal”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We went with friends that had a Groupon for this restaurant. What a great experience! The waiter was attentive, informative and friendly. The food was outstanding: from appetizers, entrees and dessert - it was a fantastic meal. I recommend this restaurant highly!

Medford, Massachusetts
“Best Filet Mignon in Boston area!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I ate at Tango for our 30th Anniversay dinner. I ordered the Medalion a la Pimienta, (filet w/ peppercorn sauce) and my wife ordered the Medalion Roquefort (filet w/ roquefort cheeze sauce). Both were cooked to perfection! The beef was so tender and flavorful, I believe it is the best I have had in years! We have eaten in most Boston area restaurants, and we certainly have a great selection of eateries here. The cost is reasonable, not expensive (but not cheap either) our entrees averaged $32, and with a glass of wine, desert and coffee finale, the total of $114, (minus tip) which I find to be quite reasonable for the quality and service. We both agree, this restaurant is a great choice for a evening couples dinner. The service was also top notch. We were greeted by Armando, who I believe is the owner, and he was a very pleasant and accomodating host. Our server, David was very attentive and friendly, but never overbearing or hovering. All the other staff were smiling and pleasant. We went on a Tuesday night with reservations at 7PM and were suprised at the full house. This is always a good sign. When that many people are eating in a restaurant midweek, it is usually pretty good. It is! We can't wait to return, and try some of the other selections: fish, lamb, and many other Argentinian fare selections. The menu is awesome! Beef is King, but I'm sure anything Tango has, is superb. Try the Datiles, small bacon wrapped Dates for and appetizer..a perfect mix of sweet and salty, unbelievably good!
Try Tango in Arlington Ma. the food is the main attraction here.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“I can't get enough of this place!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

All you need to know is that while most establishments of this type (aka restaurants) regularly change names, close-re-open, etc. this is the ONLY place I know that has actually EXPANDED in size. Service is always warm, efficient, and subtle, food is always so tasty I find myself thinking about my meal days later, and for the price it's worth it. A bit pricier than some other spots, but it delivers so well, it's worth it. If you are interested in their menu, don't delay. Oh, and my last visit I was able to catch live music (Wednesday evening.)

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Disappointing”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I rarely eat red meat so going to Tango was to be a special treat as i still very much like it. I ordered the milanesa de bife. It turned out to be what I presume was a piece of beef pounded so thin I'm sure you could have seen through it before it was breaded. Each bite was ,like a mouthful of breading. It was impossible to detect the presence of beef . the side of squash and sweet potato was tasteless. The appealing mix of vegetables - zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, pea pods was spoiled by the amount of oil that was so absorbed that it dominated every mouthful.

Our waiter for some reason felt a need to keep grabbing my husbands shoulder - perhaps 10 times during the meal. He then set and reset the tables near us and brought napkins and readjusted the chairs at the empty tables around us.

Though we were among the first patrons near opening, we were placed at a tiny table next to a wall with two other tables for two lined up closely next to us.

Perhaps a discussion with the waiter would help in selecting something more desirable but that kind of conversation did not seem to be welcomed.

I know this is out of sync with other reviews and tastes in foods differ so give it a try if you feel like it.