“Wonderful dinner and great atmosphere”
Review of Scutra

Scutra
Ranked #13 of 114 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mill St.
Description: Welcome to Scutra. We feature European Bistro style cuisine with a local flare. We have a full bar. We have plenty of parking in our two lots and look forward to seeing you soon. Bon Apetit
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I've got to say that I was more than pleasantly surprised to have dinner at Scutra a few nights ago. Truthfully, I'd never heard about this place before, but attended a dinner meeting held there with some work associates. Sorry I didn't know about this restaurant sooner. Everything you'd expect to find in a quality restaurant in downtown Boston can be found here. The grilled beef tenderloin was perfection, and the appetizer, Ahi tuna, was pure bliss (this can also be ordered as an entree). The only reason I gave the restaurant 4 stars is because parking is limited and you may have to park in an alternate lot about a minute or two away. I definitely plan to come back here with my wife for one of our 'date' nights.

1  Thank Hank D

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was bit of a surprise to us. I went here in 2012 for a special occasion with my wife. We had heard that it was one of Arlington's best restaurants. Somewhat pricey but exquisite food served with style and tons of flavors. She had a soup that was beef shank based and I had something less exotic. Both dishes satisfied completely. But the thing that put this restaurant in a league of its own was the atmosphere. People on dates, young, old, folks in meetings all together in one space having a nice personal time with each other. I will be back again soon!

1  Thank AlanT2
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Maybe I am missing something but I just don't get what people are so excited about. The atmosphere is pleasant enough, although they could lose the TV if they are going for a classy European ambience. The food, however, was simply not that great. In fact, my entree might as well have been at Appleby's or similar.

The presentation of the appetizers was lovely and one of the appetizers was good (crab cake), but that was about it.

The bread was not homemade or, if it was, it certainly didn't taste like it. I had the salmon "encrusted with parmesan". First, it was farmed salmon, so not that great; not a lot of flavor. Second, if there was parmesan, I certainly couldn't taste it, as the entire plate was soggy. The greens which came with it were overdone with way too much oil. I didn't even finish my meal and I was very hungry going in.

We were intrigued by the "French-Belgian" but unless we missed something, not clear what was French or Belgian (there was a savory waffle on the menu - maybe that was it?)

The dessert selection had nothing French on it except the tarte tatin. The wine selection was average.

So - not coming back here. Disappointing!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have gone here for a few anniversary dinners and never been disappointed. Eating at the bar is kinda fun too. What can I say I either feel good about the food my money pays for or I don't, and I am always happy to give Scutra business.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

First time, glad we checked it out. Our meal was terrific, all fresh ingredients great flavors. Our server was extremely knowledgeable and fun to talk with. Will recommend.