“Never Disappoints”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I think this is the best BBQ in the Boston area. When we take our sons out, they always choose to go to Blue Ribbon. Enormous amount of food for the money- $8 for a pulled pork sandwich with two sides. Their mashed potatoes are wonderful. The pulled pork was charred just right. Delicious down to the very last bite.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Solid offerings, more meat than you could possibly eat in one sitting, and tasty sides. It may not be truly Tesas, but it;s close

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I get takeout at least once a week at Blue Ribbon
We really like The Big Green Salad .....That you can order with
Pulled Chicken Or Pulled Pork . Corn Bread & dressing . It is a bargain. We sometimes order
the Kansas City Burnt ends (a pint is enough for 2 to share)
If your not sure if you will like BBQ you can order a "lone bone" to try . It is a single rib.
I agree with Laurelyn... You can request the type of sauce you want .
Enjoy !!! Also in the winter they have wonderful Soup .

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I decided to check out Blue Ribbon BBQ this past Saturday night based on the recommendation from my sister and others. We were looking for a BBQ restaurant to cater our daughter's upcoming high school graduation party.

Blue Ribbon has a few tables by their window, but, it appears to be mainly a "take-out" place. All they have are plastic forks, knives, plates, etc. The Memphis Dry Rubbed ribs I ordered were very spicy and fatty in my opinion. Not ribs that I would order again. I much prefer baby back ribs - where the meat comes right off the bone. Blue Ribbon didn't appear to offer baby back ribs. My wife had their North Carolina pulled pork platter, however, we both thought it was way too spicy. When I asked if you could get the pulled pork without the spicy sauce, the guy at the counter said that pretty much all of their pulled pork comes that way. Those of you who like spicy ribs or spicy pulled pork (that leaves you needing to drink water after each bite) will probably love this type of food. Not me though - way too spicy for my liking! Their cole slaw was very tasty and the corn bread was good.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Aside from the fact that it's not really an "eat in" restaurant, Blue Ribbon serves solid southern bbq that is consistent in it's tastiness and it's tenderness. The brisket and the cornbread are fantastic. The fact that you can help yourself to ask many little cups of the many, many different bbq sauces to enjoy with your meal is a SUPER PLUS.