“Very good value for this much comfort and convenience.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Cambridge-Arlington
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Arlington
Brooklyn, NY
“Very good value for this much comfort and convenience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2010

Room was clean and comfortable and large with two flatscreen tvs and a fireplace. It was a little bit noisy when a family with children were next door, but the hotel can't control crying babies. I guess the walls are thin. Really good free internet (wifi and wired) and good covered free parking. Staff were friendly and helpful. There was no problem extending my stay when a blizzard snowed everything in. The entire hotel was nonsmoking when I was there. Free breakfast and light supper were perfectly nice and there was ample, frequently replenished, fresh food. I agree with an earlier review that the driveway is a little challenging, especially when the view is blocked by snowbanks. However, the driveway from the garage is connected to the parking lot of the CVS next door which has a more expansive driveway, so I found it easier to drive out that way. The hotel cannot do anything about the traffic on Mass. Ave. -- traffic comes with the central location.
For family reasons, I will likely stay there again, and if I could change anything I would wish that they had a room service menu/service and/or a restaurant so I could eat meals at off hours. That said, there are plenty of restaurants near the hotel and there is a whole kitchen in the suite.
I was most impressed with how calm and pleasant it was at the hotel even once everyone was snowed in by the blizzard and they were shortstaffed.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
LRisemanDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Cambridge-Arlington, responded to this review, January 21, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Homewood Suites/ Cambridge-Arlington, we are happy to hear that all went well and you were pleased with our service, staff and amenities and that we were able to live up to your rightfully high expectations. Those items you mentioned are many of the reasons we pride ourselves on providing a home-away-from-home for our guests and hope we will have you with us again in the future. Thank you again, and Happy Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

The hotel was quiet and the rooms are generous with kitchens. I was in town for a week, so this seemed like a good option.

A couple of troubling things happened on this stay. First, when I checked in, the desk agent's nose was literally running on to his face. He wiped his nose with a tissue and then asked for my credit card. Yes. Really. Good thing there is hand sanitizer throughout the hotel. I put it on my credit card, too.

Not all Hiltons are non smoking, which I was reminded on this stay. I was placed in a non smoking suite on the third floor. However, half of the third floor is smoking, and half is non smoking. You guessed it....smoke wafting down the halls and into the non smoking suites. The second floor is completely non smoking, so ask for that floor if you are allergic like I am. I'm not sure about the first floor--it might be like the third, so ask if you are placed on the first floor and don't want smoke in your suite.

Because of the smoke, on the first night, I asked the hotel front desk manager to move me in the morning to the second floor for the rest of my 1 week stay. He easily agreed. I repacked my luggage and left it to be moved, which it was. The person who moved it did a great job and put everything into the new suite in the same place I left it in the original suite. However, the person at the front desk in the morning acted like it was an inappropriate request to have them move my luggage while I was away at my meetings. This is actually a normal thing for a hotel to do when a guest asks to be changed to another room. Given the hotel's advertisement on the room key that if there is anything amiss, they'll fix it, I would have expected a better response. Plus, I'm a Gold member only 3 stays away from Diamond. Hmm.

Location is good, but beware making a left turn out of the parking lot. You pretty much need to turn right and then make a block somewhere in order to get to the highway where everyone else is also trying to go.

Hotel is ready for an update.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
LRisemanDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Cambridge-Arlington, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
Thank you for your review - we appreciate your taking your valuable time to say what went well during your stay and what unfortunately did not. My sincere apologies on behalf of the hotel for those areas where we did not meet your rightfully-high expectations. Please know that those incidents you encountered on this stay were not how we usually do business and we would like the opportunity to demonstrate the same. We only have 5 rooms that are designated as official smoking rooms in the hotel and it appears there may have been some smokers in non-smoking rooms. Also, we will gladly move luggage for our guests when requested and the associate at the desk will be reminded of the same. You mentioned that you have allergies and I would like to offer you a complimentary stay in one of our new PURE Allergy Friendly Guest rooms which will be available for booking soon, when your travels bring you back to this area. If you would please contact me at the sales office at the hotel - Luisa.Riseman@hilton.com or (781)641-9391 I will make arrangements for the same. When we speak please let me know if there is anything else I can do to make this right. Thank you again for your business and your valuable feedback.
MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

All rooms are suites with a living room/kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, and two flat-screen TVs. The kitchens have a full-size refrigerator. Some suites have a door between the living room and bedroom, some do not, so request the door if you want one.

There is a daily full breakfast buffet with a ton of food. They also have a light dinner Mon-Thur and tea and coffee available 24 hrs a day. There is a lot of common space, a gym, and an internet station, as well.

They offer free garage parking, and there is a bus stop right in front of the hotel. They offer AAA discounts.

Stayed August 2010
LRisemanDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Cambridge-Arlington, responded to this review, October 22, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites by Hilton/ Cambridge-Arlington, we appreciate all of the nice comments and that you pointed out the amenities on which we pride ourselves and hope you will come back and stay with us again soon!
Please note we enjoyed this review so much we tweeted about it @HomewoodBoston and I posted this on our Facebook page at Homewood Suites - Cambridge - Arlington. Thank you again!
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2010

My wife and mom were visiting Boston for a week, and were driving in. With free parking versus $30 to $35 per day for parking in the downtown Boston hotels, there is definitely a cost advantage. A big bonus is breakfast each day and a light dinner available Mondays through Thursdays.

We bought 7 day MBTA passes to get around. The bus stop is right outside the hotel so it was quite convenient. We could take a bus to the nearby Alewife subway station and be downtown quite quickly. Harvard is not too far away by bus either so the location was quite good.

The hot breakfast items where changed each day so you weren't having the exact same thing day over day. We also took advantage of the evening meal a couple of times and found it to be quite alright.

The room was clean and well kept. The only complaint is that the room layout has the only bathroom as an ensuite to the bedroom. For those making use of the sofa bed (like we were) would have to troop through the bedroom to get to the washroom at night.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank AllOrange
LRisemanDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Cambridge-Arlington, responded to this review, September 17, 2010
Thank you very much for taking the time to relate your experience at the Homewood Suites by Hilton/ Cambridge-Arlington. We appreciate your choosing the Homewood for your stay and hope you will return again and again. I will be posting excerpts from your review on our Homewood Suites- Cambridge-Arlington Facebook Fan page as they illustrate many of the reasons travelers will find that we are the best value in the Cambridge area with all of our inclusives and having suites instead of a room. Thank you again!
Irvine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

We recently stayed 3 nights while accompanying our son who was moving in at MIT for grad school. The hotel was just about 4-5 miles drive. Price was very affordable since we got the local/state employee rate. Breakfast was elegant, with freshly cut fruits, bakeries and many hot items. We loved the fact they served breakfast on white porcelain dinnerware and real silverware. Prior to this stay, we had stayed with the Hilton family hotels for year. This properly is by far one of the two best experiences we ever had. The managers, Heather and Barbara were very friendly and helpful; they came out and greeted all the guests at breakfast and to help their three kitchen workers to make sure all the items were replenished. The kitchen in the suite was good. We had real cups, glasses, cookware, stove and a frig. We felt so at home.

If the hotel ever provides any shuttle between the Alwife station of the Boston T redline, so that those of us who want to avoid driving into the city, that would be great! The reason is it is not that accessible to walk to get to the T terminus and the connecting buses were unpredictable.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
LRisemanDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Cambridge-Arlington, responded to this review, August 30, 2010
Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear that you had a great stay at the Homewood Suites/ Cambridge-Arlington. Barbara, our Assistant General Manager, and Heather, our Director of Housekeeping are two prized members of our staff and we are happy to hear that you were pleased with their service. As a hotel close to MIT, Harvard University, Boston University, Tufts University and Lesley University we pride ourselves on taking special care of the students and families who attend or are here to visit. We hope you and your family will have opportunities to again make us your home-away-from-home.
Redmond, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

I stayed here by myself for four nights and was joined by husband and daughter for two more nights. Plenty of room for one or two, a bit crowded for three in the queen studio suite, but the pull-out sofa was comfy for teen daughter. Best breakfast of any "breakfast included" hotels I've stayed in--lots of fresh fruit, many options for every taste. Afternoon cookies at the front desk were a nice surprise, as was the evening "welcome" food service (Monday-Thurs only.) Full kitchen in suite was hardly necessary. All the staff I encountered were extremely pleasant and helpful. Room facing Mass Ave was a bit noisy, but I didn't ask to change because I didn't want the trouble of moving and I got used to it after a night or two. Good location for driving to Arlington, Belmont, Cambridge, Boston or the airport. Only complaint about room was that it was a bit hard to regulate temperature with the thermostat. But the air conditioning worked well during a very hot week! I was always happy to return after a day out, and could imagine being comfortable here for an even longer stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
LRisemanDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Cambridge-Arlington, responded to this review, July 28, 2010
Thank you very much for review - we appreciate you and your family staying with us and that everything met or exceeded your expectations. We continue to strive to make sure that we provide the best home-away-from-home experience and you pointed out many of the features of the hotel that are geared specifically toward that goal. I will definitely share excerpts of the review on our Facebook fanpage. Hope to have you with us again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

A very nice and comfortable hotel with large rooms and a nice-to-have kitchen area. Particularly good for exploring colleges in the area since you are close to Cabridge, 10 minutes to Tufts, and not far from Bentley and Brandeis.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
We appreciate your taking the time to review the hotel and point out the proximity to the universities nearby and public transportation. Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites and for your kind remarks.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
AC Hotel Boston Cambridge
Charles Hotel
Charles Hotel
#3 of 20 in Cambridge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,491 reviews

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Cambridge-Arlington? Share your experiences!