“Home away from home...”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Cambridge-Arlington
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was staying at "Homewood suites" for 5 days, had a very pleasant experience.

In terms of location there isn't really anything to do near the hotel but it's really easy to get by via bus or subway in a couple of minutes ride.

The room was great though I got a room which is to the road side that had some mild cars noise but it didn't bother me much so had no complaints.

the staff was very friendly and helpful and the complimentary breakfast, supper and WiFi access made things a lot easier as you can just crash into the hotel after a busy day and feel right at home.

Would definitely return and stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side of the hotel's entrance would probably be quieter as they aren't on the si...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
LRisemanDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Cambridge-Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! The Home away from home title was especially nice to see since that's often a tagline we use when describing the hotel. When you come and stay with us again please note that there are shopping and recreational options ( Minuteman Bikeway / Pedestrian path) in Cambridge and Arlington within walking distance. Also we are 2 miles from Harvard Sq. accessible via public transportation both buses that pick-up across the street from the hotel and a subway 1/2 mile away. Please contact me if you wouldl like more information for your next stay. Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

A four night stay for us recently.... Hotel was clean and very nicely furnished. Staff very helpful. Parking on-site under the building very handy and kept one out of the elements. No complaints, but a couple of quirks:

a) I had to have my key re-programmed FOUR times. (No, wasn't carrying next to cell phone).
b) Please re-do the keys so that they're like every other HHonors property. The picture/writing leads you to almost invariably put it in wrong.
c) This is much too large a hotel for only ONE elevator. The odd thing is is that there is a second elevator from the lobby to the parking garage. Not sure why a second elevator to ALL floors couldn't have been put in since the initial cost is mostly in having an elevator at all.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We appreciate your business! I apologize for the keys needing to be reprogrammed. The second elevator only goes to /from the parking garage for security reasons, it requires each person entering the hotel from the parking lot area to switch in the lobby to the elevator that goes to the guest floors so that the Guest Service Staff is aware of anyone entering the hotel. On future renovations we will look at whether addtional elevators would be possible. We hope you will stay with us again!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed four nights at Homewood Suites in Arlington at the end of October. We chose this hotel because it was the only one that was affordable at the time we wanted to visit. Not knowing the Homewood branch, we were pleasantly suprised by our choice.

We chose a basic suite, which includes a small living room connected to a fully equipped kitchen, a room with a comfy bed and a bathroom. There's a TV in the living room and one in the bedroom. It's like a small home!

There are shops near the hotel where you can buy food, and also different types of restaurants. There is a pharmacy right across the street.

Homewood Suites is located at the far north end of Cambridge, but Boston's center is easily accesible by public transportation from the hotel. A bus that takes you to the red line of the subway stops right in front of the hotel. You'll need approximately 25 min to go downtown. Harvard is about 10-15 min away, by public transportation, and it can also make a pleasant walk. The hotel is located near the highway, making day trips to Lexington, Salem or Concord easy if you have a car.

We actually appreciated the fact that the hotel was not located downtown, because it allowed us to discover Arlington, which is very charming, and it gave us the feeling to come back home after a day of sightseeing.

Besides a good location and a good price, Homewood offers you free parking and free breakfast. The parking is safe, and the breakfast buffet, offering plenty of different choices, is good. There is also a small gym, but the area is great for a jog! The staff is professionnal and friendly. The room was very quiet, we didn't hear anything from outside, but you can sometimes hear what's going on in the corridor or in the next room.

I hope I'll have the chance to visit Boston again and, if I do, I'll stay at Homewood again without hesitating. It's a great value!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
LRisemanDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Cambridge-Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you so much for the rave review! We are happy to hear you had a wonderful stay and appreciated all of the amenities we offer and the value therein! We hope to see have you with us again soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Took our daughter to Cambridge to move her into her college dorm. Stayed 8/17/12 through 8/28/12. Location next to the T bus stop was great. Buses came by every five minutes. CVS conveniently located next door. Lots of good places to eat in the area. Breakfast was good but dinner was just so-so. Having a coin laundry at the hotel was helpful. It was worth the savings to stay 4 miles from campus. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 808travelerapp

Thank you for staying with us on your daughter's moving to college trip! We are glad to hear the location was convenient and that you had a good stay with us. Thank you for highlighting all of the great added amenities that our guests enjoy. We are always working to improve and I will pass your comments about dinner to our staff. We look forward to staying with us again!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights in October 2012 and enjoyed it. The location was good for us as we were visiting people daughter in Arlington and wanted to see Cambridge.
Our room consisted of a living room with comfortable couch and TV plus kitchen and a bedroom with a queen size bed which was comfortable. The A/C heat system works fine. There is closet and dresser and TV's in both rooms.

The problem is that the bathroom is small with a small area around sink to put toiletries. Maybe room for one guest but not for a couple.

With free breakfast buffet which was very good and free covered parking and free Wifi this is a value

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Miamijim

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites by Hilton/Cambridge-Arlington for your stay, we are happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations in most areas and appreciate your business and your honest feedback. I will highlight the concern about storage capabilities and bathroom-size to my management team.Thanks again!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

It was very nice hotel, smile staffs, good breakfast, clean room and towels,sheets.. If I have chance to go Boston again, for sure, I will be back here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank s. P

Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your business and the nice comments about your stay, please come back to see us again!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here at the Homewood Suites Cambridge-Arlington during my 1st visit to Boston in July. As always the suites were roomy (I stayed in one of their king studio suites) and the hotel property was in tip top shape. I enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast and enjoyed eating my breakfast on the patio which was nice as I was able to watch the city come alive.

The GM is very nice and I enjoyed talking to her at various times during my stay. She was able to give me a little history of the area and directed me to a house down the street that was built in the early 1700's that I wouldn't have known about.

The staff was great especially the breakfast staff and were very friendly.

If you are going to visit Boston and in particular Tufts, M.I.T or Harvard, this is a great location to stay at and I highly recommend this property.

Kudos to the staff and management at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank dbanksiii64

Thank you for taking the time to tell us and the traveling public about your stay! We appreciate your business and the opportunity to be of service, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
Freepoint Hotel
Allston / Brighton
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge
Courtyard Boston Cambridge
#18 of 19 in Cambridge

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Cambridge-Arlington? Share your experiences!