“Surprised by how nice this was!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Cambridge-Arlington
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We picked this hotel based on convenient location to relatives and were pleasantly surprised. The rooms are all suites. Nicely furnished, comfortable beds, nice linens and everything you need in the kitchen. Excellent full breakfast and a comfortable room to eat in. Also there was an outside eating area that was very pleasant altho it faced the street and not a particularly nice view. Small fitness center but there is a guest laundry and good computer facilities. Staff was pleasant and pretty helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
LRisemanDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Cambridge-Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Thank you very much for your review - we're happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised and we hope you will stay with us again!

Reviewed August 10, 2011

We had a huge family event so I my immediate and extended family was present. Our immediate adult family slept four to a room. The space was small but the kitchenette was nice and big. And everything was very clean. I appreciated the kitchenware provided along with a dishwasher. The free wireless was of outstanding qualities. The bedroom was an okay size but the issue there was no door so if you want more privacy rsvp the King suite with the fireplace. I saw those suites via extended family and they were nice, but they do cost more. The buffet was much to be desired for, we ate at the rather limited buffet on Saturday but Sunday we ate at a cafe noted as the best cafe in town. And the breakfast was great so try it out (I cant remember the name.) The disappointment for the younger children was there was no swimming pool. However, the staff was nice and attentive, the place was warm and hospitable. Btw the place is kind of hard to find, it looks like a historic home with a sign in front of it (real pretty setting). Overall , the stay was enjoyable. I would rate it as Good in between average and very good.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
LRisemanDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Cambridge-Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

We appreciate that your family chose this hotel for your very important event! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay and what worked well as well as what could be improved. The suites do work well for families and I am glad to hear that it did for yours. Also, I'm surprised to hear about the breakfast buffet not working out, generally that is an area where we receive praise, however, I have reviewed your comments with food and beverage so they can address the same. Thank you again!

Reviewed August 7, 2011

The hotel is a good representation of a typical Homewood as many others have reported: clean, good value and friendly staff. So I would just limit my review to a few noteworthy items from my experience:

(1) When I arrived at the hotel, they could not locate my reservation for unknown reason. So it took awhile for me to check in with the support of the hotel general manager. After I got to my room, the front desk followed up to ensure I was satisfied. Even though I did not get the type of the room that I reserved because my reservation was lost and the hotel was sold out (nor did I get a bottle of water and cookies as a Diamond member typical gets as part of the welcome package), I was fine with it given the circumstance and they were not super critical to me.

(2) There is a CVS next to the hotel which is convenient.

(3) Parking space is tight. I can imagine when the hotel is filled up with cars, your car might run into a risk of getting dinged. I saw several cars intentionally double parked to avoid dings. Fortunately during my stay there were plenty of spots and I parked at the last row to have more space.

(4) The hotel's immediate surrounding area is more residential with not so much going on. If that is something you are looking for, you probably want to get a hotel closer to / in downtown Boston. Then again, Homewood by design is more "laid back" than high class / Yuppie living.

(5) No wine/liquor available as part of the late afternoon complimentary light meal as Homewood suites usually provide. I overheard it was due to lack of liquor license though I am not 100% sure.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank B2C2V

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. While it seems overall your stay was positive, we appreciate your pointing out those areas that were not quite up to standard so that we may improve in those areas. We hope you will stay with us on a future trip. We appreciate your business and the opportunity to be of service.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

The rooms are comfortable and quiet. They have a microwave, cook top, dishwasher, large refrigerator, cutlery and other supplies. The morning breakfast is a great way to start the day -- fresh fruits, yogurt, cereal, eggs, meats, waffles, etc. Coffee is available all day. Front desk staff is friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
LRisemanDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Cambridge-Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2011

Dear RockiesFan,
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your taking the time to say how your stay went. It was especially nice to see that if felt like "home" because the Homewood Suites by Hilton brand strives for a home-away-from-home experience. Hope to see you on the next trip!

Reviewed July 21, 2011

Property was clean, staff friendly, and breakfast was good. The location is interesting, don't blink or you'll miss the entrance. Parking is free and underground. There aren't many restaurant choices in the area, but there is a drug store right next door which is very convenient. The hotel is probably geared more toward non-business travelers because of the location, pets allow, etc. FYI - no alcohol at the managers reception. I had original thought the price was high for a Homewood, but after checking around it's right in line with the other hotel chains in the area. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
LRisemanDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Cambridge-Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and would stay again, we hope that will be soon! On your next trip please note that while there is no restaurant next door about four blocks away we have several, a mile away we have Ristorante Olivio whose Italian cuisine rivals Boston Northend restaurants. In the other direction on Mass Ave towards Cambridge we have numerous restaurants available as well accessible via the MBTA.com public bus lines.

Reviewed July 4, 2011

I am a Hilton Diamond and stay at a lot of properties. This one is not even in the top half for value, service or amenities. The staff is a bit stiff, the property is tired and woefully lacking in attention to small details. The parking garage is an invitation for dings/dents as the parking spaces are tiny, the one elevator is a definite downer and the quality of the breakfast an insult to the Homewood brand. The rooms are more akin to HGI and the current Hampton standard than a Homewood. What $200/night hotel has such cheap toilet paper, does not properly greet you and provides such a lousy, slow internet pipe when on the periphery of MIT, no less? Yes, the location is convenient to local universities and corporate HQs. Great dining and bars are all a short drive away but other properties offer a better value with better benefits. They also don't seem to cheerlead so aggressively on these boards.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
LRisemanDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Cambridge-Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. My sincere apologies that there were areas which you found lacking and needing improvement. I believe my General Manager has been in touch with you to make amends. I will contact you personally to ensure this is the case.

Reviewed June 8, 2011

This hotel is great if you don't want be in the city of Boston. It's only a drive and your there but there homeless people asking for money by the hotel but the hotel was great.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cardtraveler
LRisemanDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Cambridge-Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your staying with us and your pointing out that our location would be ideal for travelers to Boston ( and Cambridge). You also mention that like many metropolitan areas in a time of financial turndown there are a few homeless people a few blocks away from us. Hilton Hotels as a company actually encourages Hilton Honors Members to donate points towards a cash donation to help Support The National Coalition for the Homeless to help alleviate some of the suffering of 700,000 Americans who are homeless on any given evening or 1 in every 400 Americans. Thank you again for your comments and we hope you will be our guest again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
AC Hotel Boston Cambridge
#6 of 19 in Cambridge
Freepoint Hotel
#15 of 19 in Cambridge
Porter Square Hotel
#16 of 19 in Cambridge
Allston / Brighton
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Cambridge-Arlington? Share your experiences!