“Great arabian style food in Massachusetts” 4 of 5 bubbles

Pasha Turkish & Mediterranean Cuisine
Ranked #22 of 111 Restaurants in Arlington
Good for: Families with children
Hampshire UK
“Great arabian style food in Massachusetts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great Mezze will do fine as a starter for 4 and a wonderful choices of main courses, pleasant environment perfect for a lunch or dinner with a difference.

• Visited May 2013

“Great Turkish food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is our second visit. We went for lunch. The hummus is the best I've ever had. We make our own at home but this was better. Our entree was shaved meat and rice. It was delicious. Will be back soon......

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank MaryS001
Boston, Massachusetts
“My 1st choice from now on..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Living in the Brookline area as a Turkish, we have several Turkish restaurants in the area that does not do the justice for Turkish food. As a Turkish person, I miss my food every single day.When my friend told me about this restaurant, I wanted to try it immediately. Me and my husband tried it this weekend, I got Iskender and my husband got marinated lamb. Both of our dishes were delicious. The owner is a great man and he makes sure you are satisfied with everything.
Pasha, thank you for taking back to me to my own country for a while,
We will see you soon.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank ogursoy
“Delicious food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I absolutely love the food here and the ambiance. The place is small but very pretty! The servers are very friendly too.
The mixed appetizer platter is too die for!! And so is the Baklava and Turkish coffee

Visited July 2012
“Let's go to Turkey!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

One cuisine that I haven't explored nearly enough is Turkish food. Thankfully, a Turkish restaurant has moved into a nearby town, and we've tried it twice now. The first time we had it, we ordered take-out, but when I walked into Pasha's space to pick up our order, I was immediately transported to a small cafe in the center of Istanbul. I had to try eating there, and tonight, we did!

First, let me say that the presentation on every dish that was brought to us was absolutely gorgeous. The colors, the music and the decor in the restaurant are so authentic, and I think it will quickly become one of my new local favorites. We decided to order a bunch of things to share! I'm also going to include the Turkish name for each dish, in parentheses, for fun. I love learning new languages.

For appetizers (mezeler), we chose to order Mujvair (mucver), which is baby zucchini fried with fresh vegetables, topped with garlic yogurt sauce. We also ordered Beet Tarator (kirmizi pancar), which is boiled and shredded beet with homemade yogurt and mayonnaise. The zucchini was crispy and well seasoned, tasting fresh and light. The beets were REALLY good! It was a chilled dish that would make for a great summer side dish...I think I'm going to try making it sometime soon!

For our shared entrees, we chose to order the Shepherd Salad (coban salatasi) and Baytea (beyti). The salad included diced tomatoes, cucumbers, red and green peppers, mint, dill, parsley and was lightly dressed with a house dressing. It was so fresh and crispy and cool...really the perfect dish for a warm spring day like today. Very refreshing! As for the Baytea, it is sauteed ground lamb gently rolled in fillo dough, topped with yogurt and tomato sauce. There must be some lemon juice in the sauce as well because it had this wonderful hint of acidity in every bite. That acidity is something I never would expect, looking at the dish, but it just adds a brilliant touch.

Everything we've ordered at Pasha has been delicious, refreshing, and satisfying. It makes me want to visit Turkey so badly, to experience everything for real. Until that day, I will live vicariously through my visits to Pasha, which is located at 669A Massachusetts Avenue, in Arlington, MA. Right now, they aren't delivering, but it's worth it to drive there to pick up your order if you are looking for take-out. Their number is 781-648-5888.

• Visited May 2011