“Beautiful setting”

Norfolk Island Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian, Healthy, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Set in the beautiful gardens of the Old Homestead at 100 Acre Farm, we specialise in the unique Norfolk Blue beef. We are truly paddock to plate. We have a range of beautiful beef dishes developed especially for our restaurant and also cater for non beef lovers through a range of beautiful dishes for every palate, also specialising in local fresh produce. Enjoy our wide verandahs in summer, or our cosy open fires in winter and relax in one of our two lounge areas for a pre-dinner drink or at the end of your meal. We offer a shuttle service for your convenience.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I went on a date to Norfolk Blue and found it the perfect setting! The street is tree-lined and dark, very mysterious and enchanting indeed! We sat on the verandah overlooking the garden, and although it was too dark to see, it was a nice atmosphere. The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating.

I ordered two entrees (but ate one as a main) because I couldn't decide what to choose! For entree I had the garlic prawn risotto, which was nice. My partner had the seafood chowder which he also enjoyed. For main I had the pepper tender strips in a creamy sauce, which I found to be a little bit too peppery, but still had great flavour! My partner had the Norfolk Blue (can't remember what cut of meat) steak with prawns and garlic sauce. The meat was cooked rare (he asked for medium rare) but was absolutely delicious! It was lean and had a lovely smokey flavour to it. After a poor dining experience at The Rock, I was hesitant to get beef, but would highly recommend the Norfolk Blue and their red meat!

1  Thank CremeMyBrulee

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Went on a farm tour in the morning and booked dinner for the evening. Nothing was too much trouble for Robyn and her team. Nicky and Allen made our evening very memorable, decorating our dessert plates in honour of our anniversary, and the steak was great! We went back the following evening and bought one of the ready meals. What was a serving for 2 did us 2 nights! Fan-blinkin-tastic!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We visited Norfolk Blue for afternoon coffee and the next day for dinner. Service and coffee/food on both occasions were faultless, in a lovely setting.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great setting excellent service food wine list unable to fault anything
Everything from the garlic bread beef pâté norfolk blue steak was perfect for us all
A must to visit while holidaying on Norfolk Island

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Before I went to Norfolk Island, I have been told the food on the island was expensive to buy, but surprisingly the local cafe and restaurant food is quite the same with OZ mainland, this lovely restaurant is set up on 100 acres, the biggest local farm, their seafood chowder soup is to die for and live pate worth a try. I loved the atmosphere and the food mainly used local produce which is great way to support locals as they are doing tough. I highly recommend it, but make sure you book ahead.