First of all, I was on a business trip, this was my first night, and I somehow lost the hotel bill. When back and doing my accounts, I noticed it and mailed the hotel, asking for a copy. I received one in the mail within the hour, although it was the morning of a holiday. This kind of client orientation after the stay is not the norm anywhere, and it surely is reason enough for me to recommend the hotel. I would also stay here again when back in Skopje.
- great location close to the Ottoman old town (bazaar with nice cafés)
- nice view
- large room (Club level)
- comfortable bed (unfortunately king size means two twins)
- cheap minibar prices
- friendly receptionist at check-in with excellent language skills
- 1970s style, tiny bathroom
- unfriendly receptionist at check-out with no language skills (at least not for my range)
- no late checkout permitted although the hotel was very empty
- difficult to reach and steep stairs to get to the reception
- breakfast around the indoor pool means one cannot use the pool for a morning swim
As has been noted, this is an if post-Yugoslav place with quite some comfort very close to the Old Town, and that is the key advantage of the place. Altogether, it was a good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Arka is a modern and contemporary hotel located in the historic nucleus of Skopje's Old Bazaar, within walking distance from the city center and all major tourist attractions. Located behind the main boulevard, Hotel Arka is on the borderline with the culturally protected area of the Old City, within the walking proximity to most tourist attractions and the city center. Business travelers prefer us because of the easy access to city center and the chance to experience the different aspects of the city in a short period of time. Tourists stay with us because we are just footsteps away from the main tourist points in the city: the Old Bazaar, Fortress Kale, Stone Bridge, Main Square, Museum of Macedonia etc. And we give you our word that our stylish rooftop bar offers the best views of Skopje. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Hotel Arka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arka Hotel Skopje