“I loved it, Villa Vodno is my only choice when in Skopje again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Vodno

Villa Vodno
Ranked #4 of 69 Hotels in Skopje
Manchester, United Kingdom
“I loved it, Villa Vodno is my only choice when in Skopje again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Having traveled quite a bit for my work, I have seen many hotels in my life. However, I have to say that I was blown away by this place. The friendliness of these people is absolutely unbelievable, they really take it to heart when it comes to making you feel like at home. Everything from pick-up at the airport to check-out was perfect. With the owners we exchanged some funny stories ad shared some fine Macedonian wine during an evening to help past the time pleasantly.

The rooms are very very clean and spacious. The location is quite close to the centre (5 minutes by taxi) and the breakfast I had was excellent and with good variety.

These people know how to run a hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jonathan B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Turkish first
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed here 2 weeks for a consulting trip Sept-Oct 2012. Very quiet neighborhood, hotel had character - so much nicer than the huge American-brand corporate hotels downtown. The staff made me feel at home and a part of the family. The rooms and common areas were immaculate. Owner invited me for drinks and appetizers upon arriving and my last day. Enjoyed conversations. Prompt help with taxis or anything else I asked for - eg, laundry, transport suggestions.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

The entrance, lobby, garden, and very quiet location in the area where many embassies are located are excellent. Unfortunately, as it was a business trip, I did not have a chance to get to know the owner's family. But the room was clean and I enjoyed the hospitality and the interior design of the breakfast room/restaurant/bar. I will definitely come back, but I hope the next stay would be a private one.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Fukuyan
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed for one night with our three children en route from UK to Greece. It was a good choice - a great family suite (two bedrooms, one bathroom); very welcoming to the children, excellent hosts who obviously enjoy what they do. It was in a nice area, we walked into the city centre with the children, where they loved the statues and the fountain. We returned to drinks with the hosts once the children were in bed. A very enjoyable evening. Helpful, friendly and accomodating. Would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank loswebbs
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Firstly be warned that Hotel Vodno and Villa Vodno are too seperate places. Villa Vondo is a wonderful hotel about 15 mins walk from the city centre. It is very clean, has very large rooms and hosts are very welcoming and accomodating. We stayed there for three nights and were immediately invited to a family meal where we drank and ate traditional food and discussed the world. The hotel has an outside area where you can sit in the quiet surroundings of the residential area and have a cool drink. The hotel arranged for pick ups from the airport and even at 10 minutes notice organised a taxi to take 4 of us to the lake. The driver not only drove us there and back he also gave us a guided tour, had a drink with us as we sat overlooking the lake. Im normally very skeptical about non branded hotels and the pictures for this hotel do not do it justice as it is much better than we had imagined. Im so glad we chose this hotel as after looking at the ones in the city centre it did make the stay so much better.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Kimcote71
Mikkeli, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

I've spent 12 weeks in Villa Vodno, while working in Skopje 2011 and 2012. This hotel was just perfect choice for me, beautiful building and garden with lovely and quiet surroundings, nice and spacious rooms and very relaxed athmosphere. The hotel is runned by the superfriendly family and staff - I thank Ljupco, Kalina, Marco and the staff for making my staying in Skopje an unforgettable experience. They really made me feel like home every time when I was staying there and really helped me in every possible way. The hotel also serves food which is more than delicious - I still miss those sunday lunches together with other guests and owners...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank KJTMikkeli_Finland
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

My girlfriend and I were touring the Balkans earlier this year and decided to stay at Villa Vodno while in Macedonia.
If I had to describe our experience with a word it would be "hospitality", if I were to describe our experience in a couple of words it would be "home away from home". The length that this family goes to in order too make your visit a pleasant one is something that we have not yet experienced in other hotels.
The hotel is situated at the bottom of mount Vodno, which seemed to be an up-scale neighbourhood compared to the rest of Skopje. To the center it is an easy commute either by foot or a quick ride by taxi.
The hotel itself provides great service and facilities. The rooms are VERY clean, spacious and we've had a great sleep every night after coming back from a day trip. The hotel also has a lovely garden and even though it was mid-march we were able to sit out and enjoy the air and soak the sun.
Ljupco, the hotel owner, was also very kind to invite us to dine with the family one night and we had a great time.
If our paths ever lead us again to Macedonia then we will be more than happy to return to Villa Vodno - our home away from home in Macedonia.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple