“Good hotel, excellent location”

Holiday Inn - Skopje
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Skopje
Reviewed September 2, 2012

You could not ask for a better location for this hotel in Skopje. Next to a three-store mall, that I was told to be the first (and best) in Skopje, you can easily reach in 5 minutes the main square, walking through the mall. I stayed two nights and it resulted to be one of the most relaxing stay in a hotel. I was warmly greeted on my arrival by the person at the reception. My room, at floor 6, was cozy, well-furnished and really comfortable. Bed was good size, mattress was comfortable, a label indicated the different firmness of the pillows. Air-conditioning worked properly (it was really hot weather), even if it was pretty noisy. Bathroom was small but spotless. Bathroom supply were typical of a 3-star hotel, you will find soap dispenser for hand and shower and that’s all. On the first day I was happy to find also two finger towels, but they disappeared on day 2 and were not replaced. I have only two negative comments. I was really disappointed about the choice and quality of food at breakfast, pretty strange in a city were I ate good and even excellent meals in the restaurants around. Also, WiFi is not free and will cost you 12 euro a day. And nowadays this is really strange and even ridiculous. All in all, I do recommend this hotel (provided you do not need the internet access)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I believe hotel is heavily overpriced for what you get.
Friendly staff is one of few positive things to be mentioned. General feeling of the hotel, is that it needs major refit, as all seems a bit worn out. Brekfast rather poor and they should put fitness out of the menu, as none is really there.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Skopje, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear thepoorops

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding out friendly staff.

However, We’re sorry about the poor breakfast selection. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

The staff were nice and the room was clean but the gym was totally not okay! They had five cardio machines and none of them worked! I had to pay 12 € extra for wifi to an already overpriced room (162€ for 1 night)!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed for one night for business and couldn't find anything wrong with the place other than it being in need of a bit of a refit. Other than that, wifi was expensive.

Other than that, bed and room comfortable and clean and staff were happy to help.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times due to convenient central location and the lack of any other major hotel around. The breakfast is rather poor, if you compare it to the excellent cuisine that is available in the city. I suggest a major upgrade is needed there. The staff is very friendly and reasonable which is a nice plus. The price that you pay for this hotel though is horrendous, in comparison to the amenities. The rooms are dated and there's little toiletry. It does the job for business trips, but would not stay here for vacation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Skopje, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear pablotheagave,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am grateful for your kind comments about our staff. It is nice to hear that you found our hotel location convenient, we are ideally situated in the middle of Skopje city center. I am disappointed that our breakfast did not live up to your expectations. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused. It is our goal to consistently ensure that our facilities and services are superior, and we strive to provide rates that are competitive in the area. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera M

Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

The hotel has a great location. The staff was amazing- it happened to be my birthday during my stay and there was a basket of cupcakes and a card waiting for me in my room. A very friendly and welcoming atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 7, 2012

An older Holiday Inn, with slightly dated decor. The rooms are serviceable but not outstanding.
I have stayed here a few times on business trips and always find the staff helpful, when you cna get their attention.
The breakfast was poor and I now skip this in the hotel and eat in one of the cafes near the Alexander the great statue.
The hotel is about 10 minute walk from the old town.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Skopje, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Dear Businesstraveller03,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to have you again as our guest and that you always find our staff helpful. Please allow me to apologize for falling short of your expectations with your room accommodations and the breakfast you had during your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. I greatly appreciate your feedback and we are looking forward to your next visit at the Holiday Inn - Skopje.

Karen C