“You guys, I couldn't find it”
Review of Millennium Cross

$57.31*
Vodno Mountain Night Hiking Tour in Skopje
Ranked #6 of 87 things to do in Skopje
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I saw something resembling a cross from the city. But when you get up there it is a different story. First I could not find where the cars that were supposed to take you to the top were. Then they told me that you go there by CABLE cars. Ok, a day wasted. The next morning I went there and I got a ride all the way to the top.I got there, but the cross was nowhere to be seen. I asked around and everybody kept giving me directions but I just could not find it. A most despleasing day. So I was looking for it for like 8 hours when I realized that it was already 5pm and the night was coming and the cable cars we not working. I hurried to climb down, but after 45 minutes it was completely dark. Another thing no one tells you is that at night the whole hill turns into an ... About 500 cars arrive and everybody just starts having intercourse. I was chased by two very eager old ladies and must have fallen downhill because all I remember is waking up the next morning with my pants down. I don't wanna talk about his anymore.

4  Thank matejom
There are newer reviews for Millennium Cross

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Cable car is cheap and fun, from the top there is a great view on the city of skopje and surrounding valleys and mountains but one cannot clomb the cross which was somewhat dissapointing!

1  Thank raguseo
Reviewed December 25, 2012

The Cross is take-it-or-leave-it depending on your position on the architectural style and Christianity itself. However, the views from the summit over the city and environs is nothing short of spectacular, and the gondola ride is very affordable. During the off-season, make certain that you go early as everything shuts down promptly at 5, which may leave you stranded at the top or at the base station without a bus/taxi back to the city.

2  Thank raiaken
Reviewed December 20, 2012

When it comes to the excursion to the Millennium Cross, half of the fun is the panoramic view of Skopje laying in the valley bellow and surrounding mountains you can enjoy on a clear, sunny day and the other half is the ride in the new cable car (operating for 30 minutes, then resting for the next 30 minutes - closed on Mondays).

Once you reach the parking lot half way up Vodno mountain (by your own car - there is a large parking lot there, or by hourly bus marked KPCT = Cross in Macedonian), you can also climb all the way to the cross on foot (it's a very steep climb that will last between one and two hours - bring enough water with you). I've also heard the road to the top is opened to private cars on weekdays, but I can't confirm, so check it for yourself. Anyhow, it's a good idea to avoid a weekend visit in order to avoid the crowds.

It's said that inside the Cross there's a lift that'll bring you to the top - it wasn't functioning when we visited. At the base of the Cross, there are two stands selling a limited choice of drinks and snacks.

Bear in mind it can be windy and chilly even in mid-summer, so bring a jacket with you.

2  Thank Carbo1960
Reviewed November 17, 2012

You cannot say you have visited Skopje if you have not been here. It is one of the best places to visit in the city. Wonderful view.

1  Thank UMilcho