“Excellent restaurant!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Uppsala, Sweden
“Excellent restaurant!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The Vodenica Mulino is a great restaurant in Skopje! The atmosphere is great, the staff is helpful and service minded (which does not seem standard in Macedonia), and the food is also great. Their soup and their steak is amazing, and though it is very expensive by Macedonian standards (we ended up spending more on the main course per person than we had in total for 2 persons + 1 liter of wine at a local restaurant the night before) it has a very high quality, and is definitely worth a visit!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Airfixer

• Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
“Always great!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

After my arrival to Skopje 3 years ago Vodenica Mulino very soon became my favorite place to visit. My friends and I are there at least twice a month. Doesn't matter if you are looking for a cozy inside table or wonderful outdoor garden you can always feel good and comfortable there.
Service is very good, not minding at all our (sometimes very long) gatherings. Food quality is always great and what is important very consistent. The only thing I would add to perfection are weekend brunches. There is always need for a good place where you can have your Sunday noon mimosa.

• Visited September 2013
Germany
“Nice ambiente, mediocre food and indifferent service”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Based on the good reviews on Trip Advisor, I went to this restaurant twice. The ambiente was very nice and, at first impression, appeared to be very promising for a nice evening in a high-class restaurant. However, disappointment set in quite fast when the waiters seemed to completely ignore my presence. When they finally noticed me, their attitude was rather indifferent, and definitely not welcoming. The menu however, again, looked promising ... but once the food was served, disappointment set in for a second time. I had the grilled squid (since this restaurant was praised so much for their seafood) which however was rather chewy and tasteless, and was served without any accompaniments apart from a tiny portion of spinach. I consoled myself with the bread from the bread basket, not knowing that this was not on the house (as common practice in restaurants of this standard) but was charged to my bill later (and I didn't even order it!). Anyway, I thought that maybe the restaurant had a bad day, so I gave it another try a few days later. Having been used to the rather indifferent service by now (which did not change), I ordered the fried sole this time. As with the squid on the day before, the portion was very small (actually, this was the smallest sole I ever experienced in my life), but - even worse - completely smothered in lemon sauce which left no room for the taste of the sole to unfold. Accompaniment: a very tiny portion of vegetables (2 carrots, 1 potato, 1 broccoli!), nothing else. Best part on both evenings was the desert (pannacotta), but that did not really change my overall assessment. Considering the prices charged (compared to Skopje restaurant standards), this restaurant can definitely not be recommended, and even the nice location cannot make up for it.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank JoeGermany
Rome, Italy
“Best in Skopje”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

One of the best restaurants I have tried. I go there at least twice a month and it has never disappointed me in more than three years. Fresh fish is their strong asset, but the Italian dishes, pizza and home made bread are equally delicious. Very nice wine list, friendly and professional service, lovely outdoor for the summer. This restaurant can be very busy at times and still one does not notice it because the standards always remain very high. Real added value: unlike other places, Mulino has maintained its outstanding quality in the years. I highly recommend it!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Carla C
“Number 1”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Not to be fooled by being rated third in Skopje, Vodenica is far the best restaurant in Macedonia, if you are looking for quality food and perfect service you are on the right spot. Great meat(steak), excellent pizza and salads, and always fresh fish.
Compared its quality vs price with other european restaurants it is not expensive.
If you come to Skopje visit vodenica. There is a parking lot, and amazing garden too.

Visited April 2013