“Clean, Inexpensive, conveniently located”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston-Andover
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Andover
Reviewed July 17, 2010

I read some of the negative reviews and all I can say is disregard them. I stayed at this hotel on an overnight stop from Bar Harbor Me. to my home on Long Island NY.
I found the hotel in the Northeast traveler which can be found at any rest stop along the North East corridor. I called the hotel from the road to make sure they had rooms and was told the price of $89 a night. The coupon in the booklet was for $69 which they honored.
The hotel room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel has a large inside swimming pool and a huge fitness center. About 3 times the size of your average hotel.
Within walking distance on one side of the property is a Chili's restaurant that had $1.99 pints of Miller. Oh, did I mention $4.99 appetizers too.
All in all what more could I ask for. A clean inexpensive name brand hotel with friendly staff located next to a chain restaqurant with cheap booze.
In the morning the hotel supplys breakfast that includes bagels, yogurt, fruit cereal, and my favorite Belgium waffles.
Life is good. Stay here and enjoy.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 13, 2010

We booked this hotel for visiting in-laws over Christmas and really, really wish we hadn't. The front desk staff was extremely rude and seemed "put-out" to check us in and then proceeded to give us the wrong room# and room key. We walked into the room and found a family's belongs unpacked and scattered in the room - only to be coming OUT of the room while the other family was coming IN -- talk about an awkward situation! Both ourselves and the family for the room we were wrongfully given went to talk to the front desk about it and all they did was re-key our room key and tell us the right room number. The "correct" room they gave was supposedly a Non-Smoking Room but smelled so strongly of smoke and dust/mildew that I got sick from allergies and had to stay on benadryl for the rest of the trip. Also, our bed was made but still had dirty sheets on the bed and it took the front desk/housekeeping 3 hours to find some "clean" sheets. With it being the holidays they couldn't move us into a better (non-smelling) room until 2 days later and did not offer or agree to any kind of compensation or partial refund for the inconvenience. Will never stay in another La Quinta Inn regardless of the location because of this trip.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2010

So I'll be more "pc" this time:
Lipstick stains on the bed sheet
Tractor tailors running in the parking lot all night long.
Front desk staff poorly dressed, refused to remove sunglasses, refused to stand up, when we arrived, and swearing on the phone.
Non smoking room smelled of smoke
Mold in bathtub
Pool had gum stuck everywhere.
Work center consists of one computer which was broken.
Gave review after La Quinta asked me about my stay, never heard back, I wonder why!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Xtaline
Reviewed November 20, 2009

I've stayed here before and after my 'usual' place in Lowell has closed.

Unless you're east/south of Andover there isn't a lot. If you're west or north, this is probably the best choice. It certainly is one of the best deals for the price I've found anywhere around.

Everything sure was servicable and clean this trip. No complaints. I literally have paid double the price elsewhere and had a LOT worse room in the area. Service was very good, no surprises, no problems.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2009

i highly recommend this place everything is clean very affordable and the beds are extremely comfortable . stayed there twice and would gladly go back

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2009

Stayed here with a bus tour group and found the place left a lot to be desired. We had 15 rooms in our block and were booked in well in advance, so this was not a surprise here's a bus full of people exception. The first thing I noticed entering the hallway was the smell, then when I opened the door to our room the smell was almost overpowering. We tried to turn on the fan and left the door propped a bit, but it practically made you gag. It was very unpleasant and my husband had a sore throat before the end of the night. It was a sickly-sweet smell, akin to a lady's really bad BO masked with perfume is the only way I know how to describe it. There were also pubic hairs on and around our toilet. The next morning several other passengers complained of smell, one of a terrible wet dog smell. One lady found all the soaps in her bathroom opened and used, another found a t-shirt on the floor and a room that obviously hadn't been cleaned, another had dirty towels left lying in the bathroom, and all the rooms only had 1 face cloth, even though they were all 2-bed rooms with 2 people staying in them. To compound matters, when I checked out the front desk clerk (I believe her nametag read Katherine C.) was perhaps the rudest person I have ever encountered. I asked for a copy of the bill before writing the check for the room block and you would have thought I had asked for her first child. She printed it out, then pointed her finger in the direction of the computer and said "there it is". I had to reach over the front desk and get it out of the printer. She never asked how our stay was, never smiled. Even when I first approached the counter to check out she didn't even speak, just stared at me when I said I was checking out for the group. I never bothered to tell her any of our problems, it clearly would not have mattered. All in all, I would never bring a group back here again.

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed October 31, 2009

Stayed here for 3 nights (4 adults, 25-58) the last week in October 2009. Found an excellent rate of $59 + Tax a night for this place so we were skeptical. After staying the 3 nights, we want to know how they can offer such a low rate!

The place was nice, nothing outstanding, but for the price, excellent. Check-in was easy, the room was OK (could use a little bit of updating but no issues, had a microwave, mini fridge, strong shower (the a/c unit had a slight musk smell to it though). The beds were comfortable. Hotel offers a business center (computer but printer was down), indoor heated pool which was very nice, a hot tub which was hot but the jets were a little messed up, and an exercise room which was gigantic (about 10 machines).

This place also offers continental breakfast (make your own waffles, 2 cereals, juices, coffee, yogurt, breads and bagels, etc.) I even saw the woman pour in Tropicana Orange Juice into the drink machine instead of the cheap variety.

Excellent price. I would recommend it. There's also a Chili's and The Chateau (Italian Restaurant) next door only a few feet away. Mini mart across the street at the gas station. It's about 25 mins north of Boston.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andover
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover
SpringHill Suites Boston Andover
Sonesta ES Suites Andover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Andover
Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence
Residence Inn Marriott
Residence Inn Marriott
#7 of 7 in Andover

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston-Andover? Share your experiences!