La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston-Andover
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewswafflesgas stationdunkin donuts across the streetchili's restaurantcontinental breakfastcheck in was easychillifitness centerthe breakfast areacoffee makerindoor poolwe've stayedwould stay here againeasy accessbeds were comfortablenew hampshireboston
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Staff is always pleasant and friendly, always made feel welcome. Rooms are always clean. Check in is usually quick and check out is always done quickly and well. It is in a convenient location with gas and restaurants next door. Wifi works and TV's are nice.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Check-in and check-out was quick and pleasant. The lobby, pool, breakfast area, and our room all were clean and smelled just fine. The breakfast area did tend to get crowded, although I often went down there close to the end, as I'm sure other people did as well, trying to get some food before heading out for the day. I thought their selection for breakfast was adequate, and all the food seemed fresh. The bed was comfortable, the shower was easy to work, as was the TV and the temperature control. We had no problems at all, and enjoyed our 2 night stay. The pool did seem a touch high with chlorine, but I think that is typical for smaller pools. Also the people who worked there, although pleasant, none of them seemed particularly happy. I would stay here again if staying outside of the city.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Stayed a night here in a basic room, from the get go I was not impressed with the place. However, when you are too tired to drive and need to just sleep for as few bucks as possible you make compromises! The next lowest priced place in the area was about $75 more, so I took a chance.

First, the woman working the front desk could have had a better disposition. She seemed a bit short on manners and a little snappy. Walking to the room down two lengthy halls there was a few spots with trash on the floor. In fairness, I'm not referring to bottles or sandwich wrappers, I mean little things like candy wrappers and sticks from ice cream or lollipops. Understand, this was not just one or two areas, but more like several! The real unsettling part was that these pieces of trash were still in the same spots when I left my room the next day!

In the room the bed looked like it had been sat on, and the TV would not work. I don't know if this was an issue with the remote, the actual television or my not being familiar with the system. But, since all I wanted to do was watch a little TV while falling asleep and there were no operation instructions in the room I didn't bother to pursue the matter.

The room climate control would not go below 65 degrees. Another issue for me, but, probably not one for most people who will read this.

In the bath, the shower/tub unit was not like the one pictured on the profile here on Tripadvisor. I will assume you have to stay in either a handicapped room or a suite to get that large shower stall with the wand. The shower I had was in a very low tub, one made for small children to bathe in. The shower had no detachable head, and no matter how much I tried to close the curtain there was a puddle of water on the floor after I was done. There was also one or two small patches of what appeared to be black mold.

As if this were not enough, the exhaust fan did not work! The room filled with steam in a heartbeat! Since we can assume the room had to be cleaned and stocked with towels, soap, etc., and the vent fan was tied into the same switch as the light, this is either an issue with housekeeping not reporting the problem or maintenance not being performed.

The walls between rooms are not sound proofed! Or, if they are it is very inadequate considering I could hear the actions of people in the other room, including conversations, and bathroom activities... AHEM!

Those are the cons of the place, the pros would be the price for the market, and the availability of poor quality dinning within walking distance. It is also situated right off the highway, which in my case added to the desirability.

There is a gas station next to the hotel with a Dunkin' Donuts in it as well as a Chili's restaurant if you are looking to clog your arteries eating at one of the most unhealthy restaurant chains in the nation.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This USED to be a pretty good place to stay when it was first built, but not anymore.The worst part of the whole terrible experience was the extremely sketchy characters always around. There was a room next to us where there were four adults, three women and one young man and four little kids. The kids were heartbreakingly unattended and the adults were usually on the bench at the front entrance smoking or waiting to get into cars that pulled up and drove away, and then returned and dropped them off a short time later. We were stuck at this place for two nights because of an emergency and it was seriously terrifying. The police and child protective services are the only people who should enter the doors.
In addition, it smelled AWFUL like strog chemicals, smoke and pets. I contacted La Quinta several times and got no response back. I was approached twice in the hallway to buy counterfeit purses out of a garbage bag and when I told the front desk attendant she told me not to worry about it. There is plenty more bad things that I could say but if you are still considering this hotel after reading this then I can't help you!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2014

A clean and economical hotel centrally located to visit Boston, Portland, Kennebunk and Portsmouth with Mobil gas station and Dunkin Donuts next door. Easy On/Off Expressway. In a high dollar per night area the La Quinta Inn serves as an oasis. You may need to dive a bit to get to your destination, but the savings per night is well worth it. Is appears to have undergone refurbishment recently but did not effect our stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family