“average at best”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Andover
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Was just okay. Everything seemed out of date - was probably a nicer hotel in the past. The bed was okay. Seemed a little pricey for what you get. The breakfast was great, though, so I left happy :-) This was the first time I've seen a pancake machine at a hotel breakfast - very nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

A La Quinta traveler
Hi Nella
Reviewed July 22, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for one night after an event. Upon check-in, the front desk staff were very nice and helpful. The hotel is a little run down, but it was the closest to the Wyndham and since they were fully booked we decided to stay here. The room was nice; comfortable bed and a flat screen television so I was happy. The room also featured a desk area, dresser, and lounge chair.

The bathroom was average; great water pressure though. We did go for a dip in the pool which was nice and enjoyable. Additionally, parking was ample, air conditioning worked great, and WiFi worked good as well which I was concerned about seeing as we were in the back building.

The hotel is set among various business parks. It does sit literally on 93 which is convenient. There is a gas station and a couple restaurants around, but pretty much the rest is hotels, businesses, and apartments.

The next morning, we checked out and were going to just get breakfast elsewhere, but decided to go with the breakfast at the hotel and were pleasantly surpised. Usually complimentary breakfasts are average and abismal at best, but breakfast was great and again the staff was a joy.

Overall a good stay and I would stay here again if need be.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I am an avid La Quinta visitor because it's pet friendly and offers nice military discounts but was disappointed in this one. Don't get me wrong, the rooms are standard La Quinta rooms with microwave and mini-fridge (always a plus) and I loved the desk with multiple outlets. However, upon arrival, I was informed that the pool was closed and had been closed for almost two weeks. I think some notice on the website would be courteous. Then my room was the last room on the main level and near an exterior exit door. However, this exterior door had a broken lock which allows anybody to waltz in and out as they pleased. After informing the staff, they made little to no effort to actually fix it. Thus, anyone can still walk in and out unnoticed. I hope La Quinta management and higher ups can start holding their hotels to a little higher standard.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Conveniently located off I 93, one exit north of I 495, the hotel is convenient to both Boston and its northern suburbs. It is apparently regular used by groups as evidenced by a large number of Chinese teenagers and a girls' softball team. A Chili's and a Chateau Italian Restaurant are adjacent.

Having stayed at too many midrange hotels to count, I would rate it average. Rooms are clean, relatively large, have small refrigerators, a recliner, and a desk with built-in power outlets ( a definite plus). The noise level was low, and the breakfast was fine. The hotel looked a bit tired and the indoor pool was closed without explanation.

Room Tip: pick a room on the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice big rooms. Great breakfast. Pool wasn't working that one night but we didn't care. Room was bin smoking but smelled of smoke. That was the only problem. A tad expensive but comparable for the area. Good clean. No druggies, smells or anything bad like one other review suggested.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've stayed at a number of LaQuintas, and even joined the rewards program. Up and down the eastern seaboard, and even in the middle of Arkansas, I've been happy with them. That's why this surprised me. I stay at LQ because it's clean and modern. At least it was clean.

We walked in to find the hotel hot and muggy, feeling almost exactly like the outside. Elevator was the same. Room was the same. The A/C unit was very old, and sounded like a jet engine. Had to wake up once in the middle of the night to switch it off... and later again to switch it on... and had to take a sleeping pill to get to sleep, despite my exhaustion, because of the noise.

We walked in and the person at the front desk told us that the pool was closed that day. When we came back later, it was to see people coming out of the pool, wrapped in towels, heading back to their room. When we asked the new person at the desk about it, he was more interested in cracking jokes. When we asked him about vending machines, more jokes. I decided to just wander the halls to find them instead. Finally found them. They were very old, and looked like the food had been sitting there for a long while. I'm going to go out on a limb and just assume that the beds were clean. So disappointed.

If you're looking to stay near Boston, pay the extra money and stay at the Somerville location. It's much, much better. I'll be staying at that one, exclusively, from now on.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank gbbloom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andover
Sonesta ES Suites Andover
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover
SpringHill Suites Boston Andover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Andover
Courtyard Boston Andover
Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover? Share your experiences!