How to know if this hotel is for you:
1. You like to use your bathroom sink as an ice bucket
2. You disregard 'No Smoking' signs and light up where ever you feel like it
3. You are planning a torrid, loud affair
4. You don't care about the people around you
5. You can tolerate cheap sheets
6. You can tolerate cheap comforters
7. You can tolerate cheap mattraces
8. You don't need a robe
9. You don't need amenities
10. You don't care why there are 2 telephones in the room and only 1 works 1/2 the time
11. Rude hotel clerks don't faze you
I was booked into this hotel as an urgent last minute need as it was the only vacancy near Salem MA. Regretfully I am a bit of a hotel snob. I prefer the same amenities I am use to at home. Soft sheets, smoke free environment, warm people greeting me etc... Regretfully, this hotel chain seemed as though it's marked to 20-somethings looking to fornicate and party and I was the last one to get the memo.
I had to roll a towel and block the space under the door because the "no-smoking" smoke was pouring into my room. Despite the snooty front desk clerk assuring me that absolutely no one was smoking. The sheets were so rough that my skin was chaffed in the morning and turned as red as can be. The shower stall had orange rust stains on the tub floor and the carpet in both the visitor areas and my room was in need of a vacuum. Evidence that it hadn't been vacuumed in a long while was the amount of dust and debris lining the hallways and all over my bedroom floor. There was a dollar coin on my bedroom floor upon arrival. I am positive that if housekeeping was actually in there for more than making the bed, they would have claimed it. But, there it sat, upon a skuzoly carpet. I left it as it too was most likely dirty. I dared not chance the carpet and place a bare foot upon it. So, shoes remained on at all times.
Lastly, the complimentary breakfast was the worst thing I've ever been privy to. The "fresh fruit" was canned fruit salad in syrup. The "fresh eggs" were hard boiled and sitting in 1" of greenish water in a plastic serving container. There were make-your-own waffles but after seeing the green water and the hotel's utter lack of cleanliness, I opted to skip them.
Stay away at all costs. If I could rate this negative -10 I would but alas, 1 is the lowest rating possible.
Frustrated in CT
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, LaQuinta, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover Hotel Andover
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Andover
- La Quinta Hotel Andover
- La Quinta Andover
- Andover La Quinta