“Antithesis of Nice”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Andover
Reviewed October 15, 2012

How to know if this hotel is for you:
1. You like to use your bathroom sink as an ice bucket
6. You can tolerate cheap comforters
7. You can tolerate cheap mattraces
8. You don't need a robe
9. You don't need amenities
10. You don't care why there are 2 telephones in the room and only 1 works 1/2 the time
11. Rude hotel clerks don't faze you

I was booked into this hotel as an urgent last minute need as it was the only vacancy near Salem MA. Regretfully I am a bit of a hotel snob. I prefer the same amenities I am use to at home. Soft sheets, smoke free environment, warm people greeting me etc... Regretfully, this hotel chain seemed as though it's marked to 20-somethings looking to fornicate and party and I was the last one to get the memo.

I had to roll a towel and block the space under the door because the "no-smoking" smoke was pouring into my room. Despite the snooty front desk clerk assuring me that absolutely no one was smoking. The sheets were so rough that my skin was chaffed in the morning and turned as red as can be. The shower stall had orange rust stains on the tub floor and the carpet in both the visitor areas and my room was in need of a vacuum. Evidence that it hadn't been vacuumed in a long while was the amount of dust and debris lining the hallways and all over my bedroom floor. There was a dollar coin on my bedroom floor upon arrival. I am positive that if housekeeping was actually in there for more than making the bed, they would have claimed it. But, there it sat, upon a skuzoly carpet. I left it as it too was most likely dirty. I dared not chance the carpet and place a bare foot upon it. So, shoes remained on at all times.

Lastly, the complimentary breakfast was the worst thing I've ever been privy to. The "fresh fruit" was canned fruit salad in syrup. The "fresh eggs" were hard boiled and sitting in 1" of greenish water in a plastic serving container. There were make-your-own waffles but after seeing the green water and the hotel's utter lack of cleanliness, I opted to skip them.

Stay away at all costs. If I could rate this negative -10 I would but alas, 1 is the lowest rating possible.

Frustrated in CT

Room Tip: Book an alternative hotel in the area. Don't be fooled by the "mini fridge" or coffee...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotel had more than expected for the family. Full size warm swimming pool game room great breakfast and coffee in the lobby at night. Very clean hotel. Front desk was very helpful when we needed more towels. There is also 2 restaurants in the same parking lot. We will be back.

• Stayed: October 2012

1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
A TripAdvisor Member
Portland, Maine, USA
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is the very best La Quinta of all. I have stayed at La Quinta for 23 years. It is delightful, exceptionally clean, and all very efficient. It's modestly run, and there were no towels at the pool at 8 p.m. but it met our needs perfectly. Great place, great location, very nice staff at all levels.

A TripAdvisor Member
Chelsea, Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We've stayed here many times before and I am sure we will be back. We live in the area and use this hotel as a weekend getaway. They could use abit more variety on the breakfast buffet, mainly carbs served (breads, waffles etc) even scrampled eggs would be a nice addition. The staff is extremely nice and accommodating. Same front desk staff for years so I would think LaQuinta is a good place to work. They could definately use new mattresses. I am a left side sleeper, due to the mattress I was rolled to the middle. I still had a good sleep though. The pool and workout room were very clean. The wireless was great,no problems. Two restaraunts in the parking lot is a great for having dinner and a cocktail and not having to drive. (although there are many other restaraunts and fast food in the immediate area) We always have a good time here, we hope you do too!!!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Luckily my daughter and i only needed to stay there for one night. The room smelled like stinky feet and there was popcorn on the floor.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andover
Sonesta ES Suites Andover
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover
SpringHill Suites Boston Andover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Andover
Courtyard Boston Andover
Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover? Share your experiences!