“Awful, even by its own standards”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Andover
Reviewed October 6, 2011

The hotel is old and dirty. It smells like last week's socks. The beds (we looked at 3 rooms before finally finding one that was okay.) all sagged in the middle and I could barely sleep. The staff was pleasant and helpful enough but there's nothing they could do to make this dump feel any better. Choose anyplace else in that area.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank NY_Safariguy
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover

Reviewed September 23, 2011

I recently stayed here (September 11-13th) and was bitten by bed bugs. When we told the manager he was supposed to credit one of the nights and never did! I would not recommend staying here!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Traveling_Nurse13
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stayed here on consectutive weekends while travelling around New England. I have stayed here at least 6 times over the past two years. Is it the fanciest, the newest, the best maintained? No, but it is always clean and the staff I have dealt with are always friendly, polite and efficient. You get what you pay for, this being about the most economically priced of the hotels in the area. Like any hotel they are not without problems, but my problems have always been satisfactorily resolved by the Manager, Mr. Smith, who is a very nice guy. I have read some other reviews and can tell you from experience, I have never heard of bed bugs and never seen mold.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank EngineerJB
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I had stayed here last year and really liked it so decided to stay here again this year. I am not sure what happened but things have started to go downhill-nothing major but still it was not as nice as it used to be. When I got into the room, there was a piece of paper lying on the floor, it looked like the freshness seal from a can of food. There was also dirt on the floor in the bathroom. The bed was clean at least. The room was not disgusting, it just needed attention to the floors-looks like they don't vacuum between guests. The hot tub in the pool area was falling apart. The pool needs repainting on the floor and was not very warm. The breakfast area is definitely one area that needs work. My friend went down to eat and there were NO clean tables. There were several tables that were not occupied but they had dirty dishes on them. He said that one man who worked there made a very brief appearance but did nothing to clean up. We ended up getting food at the grocery store to eat in the room instead since they do have refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms. The coffee maker did not work when we first tried to use it but they did give us a brand new one that worked great-although they didn't clean out the pot each day and the last day we had to ask them for more coffee and cups since they did not replenish them when they cleaned the room. Although there were things to complain about, it was not a horrible stay. The hotel is basically clean and does not smell old. Oh, also one of the rear entrances the key card would not work.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Based on the reviews immediately prior to mine, I was rather nervous about my visit to this La Quinta, even though I had been quite happy here before. I am relieved to report my experience was completely fine from start to finish.

I arrived about 9p on a Wednesday evening, where there was someone behind the desk waiting. Upon giving my name and proof of ID, my keys were turned over within 30 seconds by a completely pleasant worker. My room was standard: large bed, TV and small microwave/refrigerator "kitchen" in the corner. Everything was clean and reasonably well maintained. Breakfast the next morning was the standard affair and things were replenished and cleaned up by staff in a timely fashion (though the breakfast room was not especially busy that morning).

In short, I had the experience I always have when staying at this property: completely fine.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I have stayed here a number of times. After the last two I would never stay again. My primary purpose for staying is spending time with my grandaughter. We enjoy the pool, hot tub and on demand movies. Last may we had pool and hot tub issues so this time I asked and was told both were fine but upon arriving at the hotel we discovered there were no on demand movies and both pool and hot tub were cold. Previous letters were unanswered and hotel staff is not helpful. Spend a little more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Lmbourque
Reviewed June 26, 2011

The staff was nice enough to let my family check in at 10 am instead of 1 pm, we headed in a day early for a seminar my husband was attending. When we got into the room, it smelled like old food and feet. We ignored it and did a regular bed bug check and found nothing, then unpacked and headed down to the pool. The pool was being filled with a hose, so it was ice cold. There is also a hot tub, which was lukewarm, not hot, and when I asked them to turn it up, they never did. There also weren't any pool towels there, they only put them out in the morning and run out by 12. They had just mopped the breakfast room when I went into there and didn't have a sign up, when I stepped on the floor I slipped and fell. Back at the room, I put food in the fridge that came with the room, they have it set on a timer to save $ and the timer defrosts at night and got my food all wet and ruined it. I eat organic so that cost me a lot of money, I had food for a 4 day trip in there. The fridge is also very noisy. The room wasn't cleaned a single day I was there, even though I asked and my towels were changed once, the cleaning lady handed them to me as I was walking out! I had to go to the front desk 2x a day to get towels for my family of 4. The towels had stains, and so did the sheets and blankets. And the carpet smells like feet, which I did not like since I have a 1 year old that plays on the floor. In the bathroom, everything looked clean, but when I filled up the tub to give my baby a bath there was dirt floating in the water. The cable goes out everyday for about an hour, that they did warn me about. Oh and my room phone doesn't work. I would give the hotel 1 star but I know that there are worse hotels out there. I honestly can't say that there is a single thing I like about this hotel, I will be staying somewhere else next time I come out this way.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sarahbrianne429
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andover
Sonesta ES Suites Andover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Andover
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover
SpringHill Suites Boston Andover
Courtyard Boston Andover
Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover? Share your experiences!