“Great courtyard with wonderful rennovations”

Courtyard Boston Andover
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Andover
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stay at this hotel every year as a stop over. This year we were pleasantly surprised by the wonderful rennovations. The lobby is super cool with new technology and planets bread style dining. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean and updated.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
matthew n, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Andover, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank your for the wonderful feedback in regards to our new lobby. Over the past year we have been working hard to improve our guest overall experience from upgrading amenities in our guest rooms, providing a more relaxing outdoor experience and give our guest a place to unwind at the end of the day in our new restaurant. I am excited to share your positive feedback our staff. We look forward to hosting your next trip to Andover.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I read the reviews before I booked this hotel for my family of 5kids. 3 of my kids were in town for wisdom teeth extraction. Comfort and sleep was the major requirement! What did we get? Superior customer-service, comfort, kindness -- you name it, we got it cheerfully. I told Linda at front desk (I think that's her name) that I'd like to bring her back to Canada where our dental office needs someone like her who thought "outside the box", went one step further, asked one question more to help you, and REMEMBERED YOUR KIDS!!!! Thanks for hiring great staff, Marriott.

Room Tip: Ground floor is great access directly from the parking. Great for lugging sleepy, tired kids, and l...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stayed here on 05/25-05/27 and was very disappointed. Yes, the rooms were decent and the bed was comfortable. However, the walls are paper thin and you can hear EVERYTHING. Saturday, I was woken up at 4:30 am from the guest next door taking a shower. Then the following morning it was a toddler crying. I understand that the rooms aren't going to be soundproof but I never had this problem at the Wyndham down the street. Secondly, there are signs posted everywhere in the parking lot that the hotel is not responsible for items in your vehicle. However, there is no safe in the hotel room which makes no sense because where are guests going to but valuables??? So I put my GPS in my glove compartment of my vehicle. Well, my car was broken into the second night of my stay. Of course, I knew the hotel would do nothing but I informed the front desk anyway. The front desk staff responded that signs were posted (which I knew but thought they would have an interest in what was going on at their property) and I could fill out a form. After waiting 5 minutes of watching her flip though a manual, she couldn't find the form. Certainly not worth my time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kelly J
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Came back just for a quick overnight had an early morning flight out of Manchester airport and got a decent rate here! The redo of the lobby area looks real nice! This place became a hip spot with the new lobby! Way to go keep up the great changes!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Regencyone
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This courtyard is set in a nice quiet location and easy to get to off rt93. I've stayed here many times in the past, it is great to see they are renovating the lobby and will be getting the new bistro can't wait for that!

Although looks like full swing mode of renovation they did a great job making sure the impact was minimal for me. Signs were very directive on where I needed to go.

I'll be back soon and will stay again at this courtyard next time because of the great service that they always provide.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Studtravl
Reviewed March 9, 2012

To start with, when we arrived at the hotel they were doing some renovations and the main reception was closed and relocated to another part of the hotel. Unfortunately, there was no notice on the main door telling guests about this change or where to go to check-in so when we arrived in the evening we were left standing out the front in the sub-zero temp while we waited for someone to come and tell us where we had to go. There was another guest who had already been waiting for 10 minutes in the freezing cold and had called the office but was still waiting. This kind of poor service is inexcusable in my opinion because any reasonable manager should think that guests would turn up and go to the main entrance and with the door locked and no way of contacting the front desk staff, there would need to be some way of telling guests how to make there way to the temporary check-in location. Other than that issue I was also not impressed with having to walk outside to get from my room to the breakfast area every morning because for some reason the internal doors that would permit guests to stay inside to get to breakfast were locked and we were all forced to walk outside through the courtyard. Normally, not an issue but at 6:30am it is freezing outside. Finally, the lack of wifi in the rooms was also sub-standard in my opinion. They had cable connection but wifi should really be standard. Given all these issues, not sure if I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
matthew n, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Andover, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Tony B.

I appreciate your feedback regarding your most recent stay at my property. As we have been putting plans in place to ensure minimal guest impact for the duration of our 8 week lobby renovation. We have heard from our customers that additional signage was needed. We have added additional reflective directional signage at the entrance of our property to better direct our guest to the side entrance.

I understand that New England mornings can be a bit chilly and crossing a courtyard may be less then desirable. As the main connection for the two wings of our building is through the lobby, an outdoor path is the most secure way to get from one wing to another. When checking into the hotel please asks the front desk to keep you on the same side as reception. We would be more then happy to accommodate that request.

Marriott has a whole has been working to provide all guest with a wireless connection in all of our buildings. During the last week of March, the Andover Courtyard will be upgrading the internet service to provide a faster and more reliable wireless internet connection to all guest rooms and public spaces.

Feel free to visit Courtyard.com to see all the enhancements that are soon to come to my property.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you will give us a second chance next time you are in the area. My name is Matt Nolan if you would like to contact me directly to arrange your next visit.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

My husband checked in first and had a key waiting for me at the front desk. I had to fully identify myself (full name, what room number, what his name was, etc.) before the man at the desk gave me the key - I really appreciated how thorough he was. Even though I was standing there with 2 kids, he took the time to make sure he was giving the key to the right person. THANK YOU!

The room looked like it had been recently renovated. It smelled new and was very clean. The mattress was amazingly comfortable and there were plenty of pillows for all of us. We had 2 queen beds, a desk area, flat screen tv and a couple of nightstands, and a separate chair. It wasn't a big room and there wasn't much room to hang out there but it didn't need to be for our purposes. We stayed in a room on the first floor facing the interior courtyard area.

After we left I realized I had left my pillow (sigh...again) so I called the front desk and spoke with Linda. She said she'd send someone down for it and that it would be waiting for me at the front desk. Well, I've heard that line before (like the last time I left my darn pillow behind) and I never got it back so I was kind of skeptical. I asked her if I should call back to confirm that she had it & she said not to worry about it but that I could if I wanted to. Somehow I believed her and when I stopped by on my way home, my pillow was right there at the desk waiting for me. Now those of you that haven't had the need to spend upwards of $75 on a foam contour pillow may not understand how much this means but when you have horrible neck and migraine problems and a pillow helps with it - then you do what it takes to get it back!

The hotel was quiet and clean in all common locations. They had coffee out in the lobby area and a nice business center. The fitness room was small but had all the equipment I normally use and it was clean too.

I will definitely stay there again. The room wasn't all that "special" (other than those great mattresses) but the service really shined! Great job, Courtyard!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family