“Why is this place so popular?????”
Review of Chateau Restaurant

Chateau Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chateau Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 71 Restaurants in Andover
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Had the misfortune to dine there tonight. Based on the brisk business they were doing I anticipated an enjoyable meal. This was not the case at all. Pardon my French but they have some big brass ones by reffering to their establishment as "Italian". At best it was mall food. Most of the dishes at our table were bland and devoid of freshness and flavor. The Calimari tasted like one of Sysco's lower level offerings. My Chicken Saltimbocca was as bland as tap water. The service was not bad, not great either. The wines were pathetic.
The place is a complete enigma to me. A poor attempt at Italian-American. So close to some of the best Italian on the east coast no less! Take the drive into Boston and have the real deal for the same price.

2  Thank Albion58

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The hostess made us wait for what seemed forever while she finished chewing what she was eating. Then she spent some more time selling Keno tickets. The food was poor. How hard is it to make a decent sauce? The food was suprisingly poor. The bread stale tasting. Im suprised there are as many people eating there.

3  Thank RobinWyman75
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I drive by the Chateau in Andover almost every day and it is usually very busy. I took some friends there about 6 months ago and expected a nice birthday dinner. The food was average at best. Poorly strained pasta, bland sauce and chewy chicken cutlets were not what I expected but that was what was served and the service was minimal. About 2 weeks ago I returned with a large group and gave them a second chance. The haddock that I was served was in a puddle of oil or butter and very small in size. My wife's salad was full of lettuce and not much else and she had to ask twice for salad dressing. I expected that my first visit was an exception but after this latest visit I will not be back.The crowds are there but I just don't know why.

2  Thank brittdad
Reviewed November 1, 2012

A good place for office meetings and conventions. We went for an office meeting and got a good p;lace in one of their inside rooms. The food was authentic with great taste.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Come prepared to wait. But only a short wait. Grab a table alert contraption and head to the bar for a drink, or maybe even an empty chair or two.
The portions are large for most of the plates. The taste is average. Nothing will really knock your socks off. Presentation is the key to their food.
The same menu can be ordered while your sitting at the bar. I believe Sunday thru Thurday they have a great deal on appitizers. Three and six dollars for a large or small order. Stay away from bonless chicken tenders. Four for three dollars. Make friends with your bartenders and they will do you good.
If someone has a large waist, like me, you don;t want to sit in a booth unless you take a deep breath and hold it until you leave.
The Chateau is a good place for friends to bather for fun or to watch a game on their large number of flatscreens scattered through the lounge. KENO as well as the LOTTERY can be played throughout the bar, and KENO numbers are displayed at all booths that have a personal flatscreen.
They have private function rooms.for large and small parties.
Ask for Matt at the bar!!

1  Thank MADERVP