“GREAT”

Mootone Fine Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #16 of 66 Restaurants in Andover
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The sushi at the bar was really nice and pretty. I dined by myself but it was still awesome. Atmosphere and music: great. Was something to enjoy and should go back to re-enjoy.

There are newer reviews for Mootone Fine Japanese Cuisine

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I think anyone who isn't that familiar with authentic Japanese food would like this place. They seem to cater to American taste buds. Nice atmosphere, usually good service, and not too pretentious.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

A few friends and I came here for lunch one day. The service was efficient and the server was pleasant (but the restaurant was not very busy). I liked that they had options for our vegetarian friends. Our sushi was just okay. Nothing spectacular. The tempura rolls we ordered were cold and slightly soggy. The seafood didn't taste as fresh as other restaurants. The rice wasn't cooked consistently...some was sticky as it should be and one of my rolls had almost crunchy rice. The prices were average but I probably would have been better off going to Whole Foods or Market Basket down the street for that much.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Quick synopsis:
If you like the kind of Japanese take-out that you find at 3am, after a night of heavy drinking, and you don't care what you're eating, check this place out. Especially if you like to enjoy half the taste, but want to pay twice the price.
It has a "Best of Boston" banner outside of the place, but I'm assuming this is from the year 2000-and-never.
The beef udon was salty and the texture was as if it had been sitting in luke-warm water overnight. The beef itself honestly had no taste, except for a slight greasy texture that made the two of us gag. The scallion pancakes weren't cooked completely and the bottom of the container had a pool of water/grease in it. $34.95 to get sick, when $12 of takeout from a typical hole-in-the-wall would have been so much better.
Get over yourself, Mootone.

2  Thank Dansmagicdance
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I ordered some sushi for myself yesterday. First of all, when I asked if there is shrimp in the Nigiri Sushi Regular, they said no. Guess what there was. Second, when I asked if they had any Inari, they said that they do. Guess what they didn't. Last, when I tried to order, they constantly cut me off.

All in all, customer service is something that they need to really work on!

2  Thank MMELNIKAS