“Good Food - Lively Atmosphere”

Grassfields Food & Spirits
Ranked #1 of 69 Restaurants in Andover
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I came to eat here with my sister and her husband on a recent trip "south." I've been 4 or 5 times before, and have always had a good experience. This visit on an early weekend night was no different, though the restaurant was significantly busier than during prior visits. However, we were able to get in without a reservation as we sat in the bar section of the restaurant in a small booth. The place was noisy given the numbers of people present, but not overly so, and the "feel" of the place was upbeat and fun. Our wait people: CJ, Calli and Rachel ... all were very good, attentive and friendly. We ordered ice waters and they also brought out a nice, warm bread with crispy crust, with butter spread- very nice. We shared an appetizer of breaded zucchini sticks with dipping sauces, also very nice. For entrees my sister had the steak teriyaki with rice; my brother-in-law ordered the broiled scallops with mixed vegetables of broccoli, carrot, zucchini and red bell pepper; and I went with the broiled stuffed scrod and baked stuffed shrimp, with rice. My sister's steak was delicious and perfectly cooked to her liking. Her husband really enjoyed his scallops dish, and I also liked my entrée very much, leaving nary a crumb on the plate. Prices were reasonable, service was courteous and prompt, and we left feeling quite sated.

I will go back to Grassfield's again when visiting the area. It seems to a reliably positive eating establishment, and I would recommend it.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Really #1 on the list for Andover! Been there a few times (lack of choices in Andover) - tried the rib-tips, steaks, burgers (stay away), and chicken sandwitches, Rib tips and sandwitches are tolerable, other items a big no. burgers and steaks are greasy and smell.

Very bad ambience...Everything about this place is dated and perhaps catered to specific clients. Very disappointed.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great neighborhood restaurant that isn't a chain! Really good food, good menu, reasonable prices, very nice bar. Staff very pleasant. We go here very frequently.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Weary travelers driving through and decided to exit at Andover to find dinner, looking for something on cell phone and stumbled into a shopping center when suddenly Grassfields Food and he Spirits appeared...it was hidden behind a gas station and other building in the dark and we almost did not see it. WONDERFUL WELL PREPARED MEAL AT EXCELLENT PRICE! Small filet grilled w baked potato and fresh veggies, outstanding! Wish we had one here in Portland Maine area where high prices and challenging parking keep us away from otherwise good eating.

1  Thank Karen H
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Grassfields is one of my favorite restaurants in the area. The food is consistently good, the prices are fair and service is always great. I have never had a bad meal here. It is standard American food - steak, seafood and chicken dishes. They also have burgers and dinner salads. Prices for dinner run in the $13-16 range with burgers around $9 and filet mignon about $20. They usually have a nightly drink special also. I have not been here for lunch in several years but I am sure it is as good as dinner. I highly recommend trying if you are looking for a good restaurant that is reasonalby priced.

1  Thank Jan0704