“Terrible”

Dylan's Bar & Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Food was awful. My party was made to feel very uncomfortable. This restaurant discriminates. It decides who is worth serving and who is not. Very arrogant and rude people.

12  Thank bulldg9099

Reviewed December 17, 2012

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE YOUR BUSINESS TO DYLANS BAR IN ANDOVER! I have never done this on Facebook before, but yesterday afternoon I was treated so badly that I have no option than to warn others about this establishment. Yesterday, the Director of Great Dog Rescue and I went to Dylans Bar and Grill in Andover at 3pm in the afternoon on a Sunday. Save for a few people at the bar, the restaurant was completely empty and we were the only ones sitting at a table. We ordered drinks and when the waitress asked if we needed menus we told her we were going to be doing some interviews for new volunteers and that we would order food in a little bit. 10 minutes later another waitress came over and told us that this was a restaurant, not a “place of business”. We told her we were just going to chat for a while and then order food. Keep in mind, the entire place was empty of people eating and its not like they had a wait for the table. A guest joined us, ordered some tea and we proceeded to chat. 5 minutes later the owner of the restaurant came over and asked to speak to me. He pulled me away from the table and told me we had to leave. Shocked, I asked why and he told me we were making them uncomfortable. Uncomfortable? Three ladies having a drink in a bar on a Sunday afternoon dressed in jeans and sweaters? What on earth is uncomfortable about that? When I tried again to explain that we were a charity and just trying to chat for a bit before ordering, he insisted we leave. He told me it was inappropriate to do business in his restaurant and he wanted us out.
He insulted me in more ways than I can count, escorted me back to the table and told the other ladies and I to “get out”. We had done nothing other than sit quietly at our table and order drinks. He asked if I thought what we were doing was appropriate and I insisted that yes…..I think sitting in a bar having a drink and chatting with various people who join us is EXACTLY what people do in a bar. Does it matter what we chat about? Is there something wrong with discussing the saving of lives of animals? He even told me he felt we were doing something “illegal”. WHAT?????? Do we look like drug dealers or gun sellers? We are ladies of Andover, mothers in this community trying to do charitable works at Christmas time. Obviously this is somehow unsavory to the Grinch who owns Dylan’s Bar and Grill.
I have sense discovered that this man also threw out the Andover Ladies Book Club.
Recently I had a meeting at this restaurant with my husband and my male financial advisor. We had paperwork all over the table and were clearly discussing “business”. But, yet, no one said anything to me that time.
Maybe the owners of Dylans have something against women? Charities? Either way, I think it is clear that no one in our community should support this business. I ask you to share and pass this on. I ask that you help to save anymore women or families of our community from the humiliation and embarrassment I went through yesterday. I ask that you help us to ensure a business like this cannot operate in a town where we want to welcome friendly, family oriented establishments who support to goodness of the people of our town.

19  Thank Betsy H
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Food was mediocre and sevice was fine. Eaten there several times. Has more of a pub meny with other options. Very good for a quick bite.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Friday night is a great night to go out and about especially to a lively restaurant like Dylan's Bar and Grill. My friends and I had the baked fish which was delicious. We all had a small salad, it was fresh and the dressing was very tasty. What I didn't like was they served it in small plates. No bowls. The salad went all over the place, the dressing dripped off the dish and onto the table. Very messy. The fish came with garlic mashed potatoes. Not too happy with them. It needed salt and the potatoes were lumpy yet pastey. What was delicious was the bananas foster. Absolutely divine. Yes, I would go back but would not order the mashed potatoes and I would request they put the salad in a bowl. Also, we had to order bread for the table they don't bring it out automatically.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Food can be descent on a good day and terrible on a bad one. The fish had a strange oniony taste, and dont get me started on the chowder. Yet, cheeseburgers can be good and great pasta.