“Awesome place for family and quiet”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Andover
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Andover
Springfield, MO, United States
“Awesome place for family and quiet”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had not stayed in a Homewood Suite before. This hotel had great food. It was the quietest I have been in for a long time. My family loved it, and now compares every other room we stay in to this one.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Kellie P, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Andover, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
We're very glad to hear that you felt this was an awesome spot for you and your family. We love to hear that! Please stay in touch and come see us again real soon!

Kellie Pabst

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Conveniently located to Andover, Salem, Marblehead and Boston. Great hotel for family vacation. Comfortable rooms and good value for price! Recommend this for folks traveling in Boston area. Friendly staff and good service!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We love to hear that we provided friendly and professional service while you were here. We will pass this along to our staff :).

We hope to see you again soon!

Easthampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've stayed at many hotels in my life. Some of them great and some of them, not so much. This particular Homewood Suites might not have the sexy location (I.E., right in downtown) that some look for in a hotel, but from top to bottom this is one of the most well run hotels I have ever paid to stay in.

The front desk staff greeted me with a warm, pleasant professionalism that relaxed me right away after my long drive(s). Each and every time I had any business with the front desk, no matter who was behind it, my questions were answered quickly, competently and with grace. One particular time I had a question about local nightlife and the General Manager (who was walking by, undoubtedly heading home carrying his briefcase and jacket) stopped to offer up a few suggestions for restaurants, etc. Normally I wouldn't think twice about this, but this was just a small example of the extra mile the people at this particular hotel seem to go for their guests.

The rooms are always immaculate. Housekeeping has always had my room cleaned quickly, promptly and without incident. All three times I have stayed the pool was open and I have nothing but complimentary things to say about their other outdoor areas for guest use.

I found the gym a little small like most other hotels', but it more than met my needs and let's face it, when I'm on the road I like to get my workout in by doing other things besides going to the gym. I used the gym once and it was clean, well stocked and open when I wanted to use it, with pristine equipment.

The rest of the staff were very friendly and courteous and I even had a couple of them remember me after a couple of stays, which is pretty rare today. Overall, I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough if you're looking to stay anywhere outside of Boston. I look forward to my next visit to Boston and my now customary stay at Homewood Suites in Andover, MA.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MrFantastic33
We're very glad to hear that we were able to provide you with an experience that lived up to your expectations. It's always wonderful to hear we were able to provide friendly and professional service to make your experience unforgettable! We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!
Please stay in touch with us so we can make your next stay even more enjoyable :)

Milano Marittima, Italy
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for two nights and enjoyed the comfortable beds and clean rooms. We enjoyed the amenities at the hotel but the staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The front desk was very helpful and knowledgeable. The front desk gave us a wonderful recommendation for a great dinner location. The breakfast/dinner was included in the price which was also very excellent. Definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the fireplace.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wolodi m
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us! We like to hear that you enojyed our staff and service. That is very important to us! We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night and actually got 2 one bedroom suites. I asked for an early check-in as a Hilton Honors member. They said yes. When we got there, the rooms were not ready and they put us in another room. I went to check the rooms before bringing luggage in and one of the rooms had not been cleaned by housekeeping. I had to go back down to the reception desk and it took them forever to get another room to put us in. She apologized, but complained that there was no manager there and she was having a bad day?!? Sorry, but not professional to share with someone coming to your hotel. The rooms were nice and clean, roomy. Our room had a problem with the ac, but we did not complain. We tried to put the living-room area on ac and it kept turning to warm and ended up getting close to 80 degrees. The bedroom was fine and we had to open the door to the bedroom to cool off the living-room and shut the curtains. It was nice to have the little kitchen area, but one of the burners was broken. Still able to cook us up a spaghetti dinner. Very, very disappointed the pool was closed. We were very looking forward to that and it would have been nice if they would have notified us that it was not open for maintenance before booking. My son was looking forward to it. It was interesting to notice a group of people barbecuing and jumping the fence to use the pool. We did complain to the desk there were people in the pool and they hadn't even noticed! They had to call the police to get the guests out. The bed was comfortable, but the fitted sheet had sticky stuff on it and I couldn't use it. Breakfast was a big disappointment. They were out of everything and had someone working to restock who was very slow and complaining the whole time. When asking him to restock the items, he seemed agitated and complained. We could hear him go out back and talk to another lady and argue and complain back and forth about the breakfast and how housekeeping didn't do their job and someone called in. Very unprofessional and not appropriate. It has great potential, but rude employees and problems with pool being open and air conditioner were annoying at least. When you pay good money to stay somewhere, you expect to get the service you pay for. You will be taking a chance if you stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are sorry about all the unpleasant things you experienced during your stay. Rest assured we have spoken to all departments in regards to your check-in, pool being closed and Breakfastt. Our pool was closed due to the fact that it had not been inspected by the State of Massachusetts. We apologize for this, however, we felt it was in our guests best interest to keep it closed till it was cleared by the State. We hope to have another opportunity to show you the quality hotel experience you have come to expect from our brand, should you return to our area in the future!

Take care.

NJ
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Please, please do not book this hotel if you have kids. The pool is not available to use.

Not the typical question one asks when booking a room as you expect it to be operational. Still being charged the full amount though.

Only informed of this problem at 9am this morning and it is now 2pm. The front desk said they would contact the manager and see if we could use the pool of one of the other Hilton chains. Now they tell me the manager is on holiday and nothing they can do.

I asked since they spoke to me this morning have they put a notice on the website informing potential customers. No because that is far to sensible. My 4 year old is really disappointed as she had been really looking forward to this weekend away. Thanks for nothing Hilton.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank HGill02
Kellie P, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Andover, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are sorry about the inconvience we casued with the pool being closed during your stay. It had not been inspected by the State and we felt it was in our guests best interest to keep it closed until we knew it was safe to open our pool. Rest assured it has been inspected and is now open for the summer! We know our guests deserve the best when staying with us and we regret that this was not your impression. We hope to have another opportunity to show you the quality hotel experience you have come to expect from our brand, should you return to our area in the future.

Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My reservation for two nights in a non-smoking room was confirmed by my organization two days before my trip. When I got to the hotel, the desk clerk told me that my reservation had been canceled (?) and there were no non-smoking rooms available. She then said my room would be changed to a non-smoking room for the second night. I reluctantly agreed to the arrangement. The room wreaked of smoke. I opened all the windows and turned on the bathroom exhaust fan to no avail. The next morning, when I went back to the room after breakfast, the room was being cleaned. I informed the maids that I was moving to a different room and to wait until I had moved to clean that room. I called the desk to ask to which room I would be moved. She informed me that there were no non-smoking rooms available, that there was a large party coming in that would be taking all the non-smoking rooms. I refused to accept that. I asked to speak to the manager but she said she would call me back. When she did, she said she was sorry but there was nothing she could do. I told her to make me a reservation at a different hotel and send them the money that had been paid for my room. She then found me a non-smoking room that was available immediately. It was 10:00 in the morning which leads me to believe that the room had been available all along and I had been told lies. I was extremely disappointed in the poor treatment, and am amazed that smoking is allowed in hotel rooms at all these days.
Wife of Craigor

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Craigor
Homer B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Andover, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Mrs. Craigor,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize for that we were unable to accomodate the type of room you reserved. Although we strive to accommodate our guests with exact reservations, at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again so we may show you the quality of service and accommodation you expect and deserve from us.

Homer Borromeo