“it was a great stay”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Andover
Brussels, Belgium
“it was a great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Nice hotel. super quiet place, very clean room, awesome Place to stay. The people over there is super nice and kind. Each time when I visit andover I will set this hotel as my primary place to stay. I love to be there.

Room Tip: quiet and clean room, nice breakfast,
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Stephanie S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Boston Andover, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your postitive feedback about SpringHill Suites. I'm delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to sharing your comments with our associates! We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
North Easton, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed for one night in a room with two doubles with my husband and two tween daughters. The room was very spacious, with a sitting area with a sleeper sofa, wet bar with mini refrigerator and microwave. The sitting area was adjacent to the beds, with a TV on a swivel between the two. I found that it was spacious, but the location of the TV was awkward...if one person was on the couch and the other on the bed, neither could really see all that well. Beside that fact, the room was really nice, very clean. The beds were a bit small, just a bit too small for the two of us to be really comfortable. The elevators were always speedy. The pool was a bit small, but nice and the hot tub was very nice. I found the breakfast to be more than adequate, especially for being complementary. Assortment of breads, bagel, bread, croissant etc...boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, several cold cereals. Hot stuff was your average, powdered eggs, ham etc. could definitely find something to eat. All around a very nice stay, would return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with SpringHill Suites and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay! I'm sorry to hear that you weren't completely satisfied with the room configuration. We are lucky to have studio suites large enough to accommodate 2 beds and a sofa-bed, but I can understand that it can be difficult to view the television from both areas of the room at the same time.
I'm glad you were able to enjoy our compliemtary breakfast and relax in the pool and spa - these are definitely our most popular amenities!
We hope to host you again on your next trip to Andover!
Thanks again for choosing SpringHill Suites!
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Nice hotel, large rooms (well if you compare it to European Hotels in the same class) however the breakfast is VERY limited, and refilled very poorly, surely they will refill when asked, but they are not on top of it, which is not good.

I would like some warm snack in the morning but not those silly poached eggs from some prefab package. Maybe some waffles ? Bacon ? Nice warm eggs ? unfortunately it is not in the selection and have to eat from paper plates (yuck).

Also a shame is that this hotel does not have a restaurant of some sorts to get a quick bite, especially because the hotel is so remote that would have been a welcoming plus.

The hotel it self is in the middle of nowhere, so no shops nearby having a car is a must when going for dinner.

As for the rooms; as said they are big enough, especially if you are used to European hotel chains, However for a good night rest try to get a room on the top floor, as the ceiling is wood and you hear every step in the room above which can be quite annoying.

Highspeed Internet (well leave out the Highsspeed) is pretty decent except for rush hours (mornings and especially evenings it can severely drop in speed). It could be improved.

One more thing for european travelers, most US hotels have AC, but do not mistake this with ClimateControl as we know it in Europe ; the AC's here are noisy and turn on and off to regulate the temperature ; it will not keep one constant temperature !

Room Tip: try the top floor for better night rest.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay with SpringHill Suites! We were happy to have hosted your extended stay in the Andover area. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with information about your experience with SpringHill suites. As an experienced business traveler, your feedback and suggestions are helpful for us to improve our products and service.
I am disappointed to learn after your stay that you were less than pleased with your experience. We strive to exceed every guest's expectations and unfortunately, this was not achieved with your stay.
I will work with my team to ensure they are proactive in providing information about transportation options for guests like you, traveling without a vehicle, to ensure convenient access to the local area dining options and entertainment.
I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy our breakfast offerings. Our recently updated offerings are intended to provide healthier options and additional variety to meet the expectations of our business and leisure travelers.
I would love to speak to you futher regarding your experience if it would be convenient for you. Please feel free to contact me directly, so I can ensure we continue to exceed our guest's expectations by providing excellent products and service.
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

The staff was friendly, helpful, and prepared. It was a little ways off the main road, but well worth the extra drive. We were there for a wedding and although the hotel was sold out, they had saved me three rooms right next to each other, even though I hadn't asked. It was so helpful the morning of the wedding, being able to just pop in and out of each room while we worked on suits, dresses, and hair. Breakfast was great, and had something for everyone. The room layouts offered plenty of room for our morning prep and having 3 beds per room was perfect! There were some kid's sports teams there at the same time, and even though the front desk got swamped by 20 kids in front of us, the staff kept the line moving quickly, so our wait wasn't very long at all. Some of our group forgot toothbrushes, combs, etc. and they were just so friendly about helping us. We would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay at SpringHill Suites Andover! I am excited to share your comments with our team! Our staff is committed to exceeding the expectations of our guests - I'm so glad that their preparation prior to your arrival allowed that goal to be achieved. I hope you had a great time at the wedding that that we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Andover!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay. i stayed almost the entire month of July for business purposes. The rooms were very clean, which is really important, the microwave in the room was very handy on my stay as well as the refrigerator and laundry facilities. The staff was very helpful during my extended stay. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for spending a month of your summer with us at SpringHill Suites! We were happy to host your extended stay and I am delighted to hear that our in room and complimentary amenities enhanced your experience!
Thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

A little off the beaten path, but a nice place to stay. The room seemed a bit cramped for a "Suite" but nevertheless, nice. Staff was accommodating and decently priced. For a bit bigger room, you might choose to stay next door at the Residence inn. With hockey gear - I will remember that for future visits for this hockey tournament. Another Marriott with a thumbs up!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Dkproductions
Thanks for staying with SpringHill Suites during this summer's hockey tournament! I'm glad you were happy with our staff's accommodating service and I'm sorry to hear that with all of your hockey equipment our suite felt a little cramped. We look forward to next year's tournament and hope to welcome you back again!
Grand Rapids, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding in June of 2012. We had a suite with two double beds and a sofabed, which was (miraculously) roomy enough for the number of people we had in the room (four adults and three very young children). The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. The fridge and microwave were handy to have with kids in tow.

The staff was friendly, but in an almost "fake" way, as if they were trying too hard. They were relatively tolerant of our presence as a wedding party, but I got the feeling at times that we were a bit of a bother to them.

The breakfast area was roomy, which seems to be a rarity these days. We had quite a large group, so it was nice to be able to spread out and not feel crushed during breakfast.

On days when we were not out of the room before 11am, they simply did not come back to clean our room, so there were a few days that we went without maid service.

My biggest disappointment was that the hotel could not meet my request for early check-in. I understand that early check-in always depends upon availability, but to be told that I had to wait another hour when I had just driven for 16 hours in a row was definitely disappointing, and I didn't feel like the woman at the front desk had any interest in attempting to accommodate me. This may have been because we were located near other members of the wedding party, but it didn't make for a good first impression.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you staying with SpringHill Suites Andover for the wedding you attended in July! I'm glad you found our suites spacious and complete with amenities to enhance your stay.
Our team is focused on providing top-notch service - I'm disappointed to hear you did not find their friendliness genuine. I apologize that we were not able to accommodate your request for an early check-in. We strive to have rooms available as early as possible on busy weekends, but this is not always possible when the hotel is fully occupied.
I'm glad you were able to utilize our spacious public space to gather and during our complimentary breakfast service- it's a great area that we encourage our groups to utilize before and after events.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!