“Newly Renovated”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Andover
Munich, Germany
“Newly Renovated”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This hotel was recently renovated and I found both the lobby and the rooms great for a Springhill Suites. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The fitness center was good for a Springhill Suites; there were a few cardio machines and some dumbbells. As far as I could tell, there was no restaurant in walking distance. The only problem I had is that the breakfast service cannot handle the crowd at peak times. The line was so long, I decided to buy some snacks at the front desk rather than wait.

Room Tip: Go down for breakfast early or plan on waiting.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
new england
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I liked everything about the hotel, staff was friendly. The rooms were clean, everything was satisfactory, except bit of a drive to find a decent restaurant. Also couldn't get the room to cool down at all, a bit warm and stuffy.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gymcoach10
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Our recent stay was pleasant. The staff was very friendly and helfpul. Location to the highway and restaurants is good. The room was clean and modern, but construction dust was common. Beds were comfortable. It was a little difficult to move around when the fold-out sofa was pulled out - made getting to the door nearly impossible. We could hear conversations in the hallway and from the room next door, so the walls must be very thin. As mentioned by others, the renovations were a surprise and caused some inconvenience. The pool, exercise area, certain hallways and elevators were inaccessible for periods of time. I'm not sure when is the right time to do renovations in the common areas, though. The hotel was very conscientious to minimize the impact as much as possible. Free breakfast was a nice inclusion-nothing spectacular, but a decent variety of items including fruits and juices. Hotel does not have much in the way of meeting/conference rooms if you are traveling with a group, so the breakfast area is the only place to meet up or hang out which was not preferred.

Room Tip: Walls are thin so ask about quieter areas if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Paulette C
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before and when we arrived we found they were doing renovations. This was not on the website. Wish it was but what disturbed me more was the fact that they had loads of kids hockey families staying there. At check in around 6:30pm we noticed that the area for breakfast was currently being used as a hockey rink. The parents and kids in there had turn the tables onto there sides and they made a rink for the boys to shoot their pucks around. How delightful to know that in the morning I would be eating on those tables. The reservations told my husband, "Oh they had the managers approval to do that"? WHAT.
She also asked if we were with them. I told her NO. She says,"Ok I will put you up on another floor away from them on a different floor" Well that sounded good. Little did I know that around 11pm to 3:30 am these hockey families allowed the kids to play hockey on our floor. There were families fro the hockey team on our floor. There was drinking in the hallway and they even left all their trash in the hallway in the morning. We called about the noise and hockey playing but other then someone telling them to stop playing nothing changed.
If I was the owner of this place that I'm spending 2 million dollars renovating it I would not allow this to happen!

Room Tip: ask if they have hockey families their during your stay
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank JEB B
Rhinebeck, New York
Reviewed February 16, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. The probelm with this visit is that they are doing a renovation. While the rooms are very good thre is a smelol of new paint and plaster that dos make the experience that great. I wished they had told us beforehand that the building would be under renovation. The staff was very courteous and I suspect that they would be under normal conditions.
The room was large and had two double beds, a sisting ares an an alcove with a table for computer etc.The room was clean and was well attended to during our stay. We had some difficulty with the heating/cooling as the unit was very close to one of the beds that it blew directly on you when in bed..not ideal. I think that the hotel, when completed will be a good place to stay however, for people with sensitive nose, I would wait.
Note the location is close to route 93 and is well back from the road. It was very quite and parking was pletiful

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We recently stopped at this hotel for a couple of nights. we have stayed there before because of its location near Boston and the coast, and have always been happy with this facility. However on our most recent stay we were pleasantly surprised to discover that the entire hotel had been refurbished from top to bottom . All the rooms were completely renovated from brand new feather pillows bedding sofas lighting etc The staff were as usual friendly pleasant helpful . We were so pleased with the hotel and with a break from the weather we extended our stay from a couple of days to 7days, The staff in particular the manager "Tara" were always avaiable to be of assistance to us which made our little shopping touring trip an exceptionally fine one indeed. Thanks again to staff of Springhill suites Andover

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank bobcannon
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Overall, I was very pleased with my stay. The location is very convenient for business in the Andover area. There is a complimentary breakfast. They have an indoor pool and small, but adequate workout facility. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011