“Perfect Place to stay.”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Andover
York, United Kingdom
“Perfect Place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

We originally booked two nights here on our self drive tour of New England. We were so impressed with the suite & staff that we booked an extra four nights. We found the hotel was an excellent location for getting around the area & the road network was very good ( with the help of gps).
Free breakfast was served every morning and there was plenty of everything.
During our stay the hotel was very busy all the time, but the staff were great, nothing was too much trouble and they went the extra mile to help when we lost our camera in Boston.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area for business or leisure.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Southern Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

Stayed 2 nights recently and was very impressed. First, easy to find, right off I-93. I needed to get off/on the highway several times and it was a breeze; also a gas station right by the highway entrance with reasonable gas prices.
Second, it's a comfortable place to stay for a couple days. Very nice staff; especially Linda who has been working for Marriott for years and seems to really love her job. Also met Tara, the general manager, who was equally nice, and proud when I told her I had read about the hotel and Linda on tripadvisor! Thanks, Tara, for recommending Manos. Great salad delivered right to me!
The hotel rooms are very clean, if slightly worn (just things like carpet stains). The bed was in great shape, very comfortable; and you will love the pillows if you like that super squishy kind. (Note to self: must always bring own pillow). The bathroom was really large and super clean. I appreciated the little "kitchen" area; microwave and fridge would be especially great for longer stays.
Breakfast was much more complete than I expected. I took advantage of bananas, yogurt and oatmeal; but there were also make-your-own waffles and sausage/eggs/cheese to make-your-own egg sandwich. There were pastries, toast and English muffins. To-go cups were available for the coffee, and juice and milk were available, too. Overall, pretty darn generous.
I don't get to choose where I stay when it's business, so I'm feeling pretty happy that this was where I ended up staying for this trip. Thanks, Linda and Tara, for making it a fun and comfortable stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Aliso Viejo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

We stayed only one night here, but were very happy. The room was very clean, the beds were tempurpedic and super comfortable. The pool area was clean and not crowded. The staff was very friendly. There was a great selection for the breakfast. My only complaint is that the AC unit was either all or nothing. There really was no way to regulate it. I would recommend this hotel and would definately stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Hamden, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night. We we travelling north to Maine but wanted to break up trip so we chose this location as a reprieve from a long ride. BIG MISTAKE! We had reserved two rooms and asked that they be near each other. I called the hotel 24 hrs in advance and spoke with a very lovely person (LInda) who obviuosly has taken her Marriott training to heart. She was pleasant and triend to accommodate me without guaranteeing my requests would be finalized. She even tried to block two rooms on the floor I preferred. When my family and I arrived we were tired and cold and just wanted to get some sleep. I was met by Toni- who must have missed all the guest services training and apparently was having a bad night because she never smiled or said anything welcoming from the time she exited the office to check us in yuntil our transactions/conversations were over. She told me I did not get the room types I had requested and that the rooms were separated but on the same floor. We went to the rooms and mine had the strangest odor. I immediately called to see if she could transfer the room. she said the onl room she could give me was a handicapped room. When I asked if she could move both rooms to another floor she told me no. She never said they were sold out or that there weren't any rooms available. As a matter of fact I noticed the lot was fairly empty when we arrived. She was impatient rude and generally acted as though I was bothering her with my requests. She was unwilling to move us so we stayed in the smelly room and slept wit hthe window open for venilation ( did I mention it was cold?). The next morning at check out Linda was on duty. Once again she was very nice and apolgized for my inconvenience. The management should screen and/or train their personnel more thoroughly. Toni should not work with guests if she cannot be more pleasant. btw As a rewards member I always get as survey after my stays. Marriott wants to know how the guest's experience was. I did not get a survey from this hotel. Frist time that's ever happened... hmmmmm....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Turin, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

Since I'm a Marriott rewards Gold memeber I know the Mariott standards but I can say that this hotel staff is putting all the efforts to give you a comfortable and nice staying. Even if there are some problems they work hard to fix and this is very appreciated. Rooms are huge and clean, bed are extremely comfortable and staff is very helpful.
Perfect also if you have a car and you're visiting Boston (only 25 minutes driving)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mikicino
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

I sometimes stay here when I need to catchup on work (I live about an hour away but the location is in an office park). This is a nice hotel with free breakfast buffet, indoor pool/whirlpool, and it's located in an office park. If you like to run, it offers nice scenery to do that. One thing to note is that there aren't man choices for restaurants nearby but if you drive a few miles up the road, there a shopping center called The Loop . Ask the front desk and they'll tell you how to get there; it's easy. The rooms are very clean and housekeeping is right on top of things. The front desk is very accommodating as well. Overall this is a fantastic hotel and if you're about halfway between Manchester airport in NH and Logan airport in Boston incase you're flying in on business. This place often gets groups of kids here for tournaments and the like, but I've never once had an issue with noise - ever.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank bostechboy
Bethesda, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Good value. A clean, comfortable room with all the amenities including a very nice breakfast for much less than anything else around. The hotel is in an industrial park that appears pretty deserted on weekends.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family