“Great place to stay while in the area”

Residence Inn Boston Andover
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Andover
GA
“Great place to stay while in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

We stayed one night at the RI in Andover on our way to Maine. I wish I had booked this room for more nights. It was very nice. We stayed in the two bedroom unit and both rooms had king size beds. We have 4 kids and mine usually fight over who sleeps on the sofa sleeper. These were so nice my kids did not mind at all. The marble bathrooms, up to date furnishings and three flat panelled tv's make this place as comfortable (maybe even more) than home. The breakfast was also much better than you will get at most hotels.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2009

We have been staying at the Residence Inn Andover since October 30, 2008 because of fire in our condo building. It is now April 17, 2009 and we will be here another month or so. It has been a great experience. The staff is wonderful - from the reception desk to the housekeepers and kitchen staff. We have met quite a few very nice people during our stay - some in the same situation and others staying for business for long periods of time to others just here for a few days visiting local family.
We have stayed in hotels all over the country and this has been one of the most friendly yet. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Atglen PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2008

Very nice hotel overall and an excellent value. Booked two nights, AAA, and spent less than $200. Very convenient to the Interstates, 93 & 495. Clean, nice rooms with cooking capability and free breakfast all add up on the positive side of the ledger.

• Liked — Nice rooms
  • Disliked — No bar
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Beavercreek, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2007

Two friends and I stayed for four nights at the Andover Residence Inn while on a fall vacation. The location, with easy access to I-93, made it easy to do day trips to the historical, cultural, and literary sites we wanted to visit. The queen bed suite with a sofabed in the living area provided plenty of room for us. Since we were on the road each day, we didn't fully utilize the kitchen included in the suite, but the full-size refrigerator allowed us to stock drinks and snacks. Our suite was very clean and comfortable. The price was extremely reasonable, especially since it included a full breakfast buffet with fresh, hot eggs, pancakes or French toast, sausage, and oatmeal as well as fruit, yogurt, cold cereal, breads, bagels, pastries, and a waffle station each morning and a light supper four nights a week. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay at this hotel again if my plans called for a visit in the area.

• Liked — price, location
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
Upstate NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2007

My family stayed in a suite room on Aug 3rd & 4th for an out of town wedding. When I made the reservations the room was only supposed to hold 3 people. I was booking one of the rooms blocked for the wedding so they said 4 would be ok.
Our suite was very well equipped. It had a very comfy queen size bed, the new bedding the Marriott uses now is wonderful. And an L shaped couch that had a full sleeper. This was kind of small for my 2 children , 14 & 18, but they managed for the 2 nights. We had to request extra pillows blankets and towels and had them all within 10 minutes.
We had a full kitchen(fridge, micro, stovetop, dishes, etc) and a breakfast bar with stools. My son brought his laptop and the wireless service worked , a little slower than normal.
The hotel has an outside pool and jacuzzi which was very nice and clean. It was also well stocked with clean towels to use.
Breakfast in the morning is complimentary. I was expecting danish, juice and coffee. It was a hot breakfast buffet. Complete with eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, homefries, a waffle station and the regular continental items. It was very good. Just don't sleep in too late. As it gets closer to closing time (10 am I believe)things were not being refilled even though there still were alot of guests eating. I didn't stay during the week (Sun - Thurs) but I believe they have complimentary dinner as well.
The front desk also had a tiny market area with frozen dinners, beer, soda and snacks for sale.
Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. If I am in this area again I will definately stay here.

• Liked — Room amenities and Breakfast
  • Disliked — really nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Sockiegirl
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2007

I work for AAA and whenever I visit the Merrimack Auto Club, I stay at this Residence Inn. It's in great shape and in a great location (just off of the Interstate). The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and it's a very quiet environment. In fact, it has a nature trail right next to the hotel. The grounds are in great shape, with beautiful trees. It has plenty of parking and a front entrance that's setup for easy parking for check-in. The front porch has nice rocking chairs.

The hotel has a basketball court/tennis court combo. It also has a reasonable exercise room.

The rooms are clean and in great shape. The only complaint I had is that in my 2 bdrm suite, the mattress needed flipping. It had a deep crease in the middle. Thankfully it was just me on this trip, so I just rolled to the middle of the mattress. It has free Internet, a fridge, a "living room" with two bedrooms. The A/C kept it cool all night - but quietly. Coffee in the room actually had plenty of sugar packets (how about that!?).

I would recommend this hotel for anyone passing through. It's one of the better Residence Inns. Good place to stay for a quite respite.

• Liked — Great looking hotel in good condition.
  • Disliked — Mattress needed replacing.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2007

Two-week stay was terrific. Hotel has all the amenities you want for a longish stay, without charging lots. Comfortable rooms, thoughtful service. Mon. through Thurs. buffet dinner didn't always look appetizing but tasted delicious. Location is a bit off the beaten path (located in an office park), but close to the interstate. Good home-base location for exploring New England. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled solo