All reviews full kitchen long term stay laundry room the general manager coffee table boston area basketball court bedroom suite business trip night stay outdoor pool first floor small kitchen the staff was great living area front desk staff inns
Reviewed September 9, 2015 via mobile

We haven't been back to this Residence Inn in over a year, but we were thrilled to find the our experience this year was even better than last. The rooms were spotless, the breakfast-included lots of fresh fruit, plentiful hot and cold choices with daily changes of hot items. Staff at the desk, breakfast room and on the floors were efficient and friendly. Everything in our suite was in working order, the bed linen was fresh, sparkling and the beds were comfortable. There were plenty of fresh and clean towels and adequate bath supplies.

There were fresh cookies in the evening (they don't last long when the hotel is packed), and three nights a week (Tues, Wed, and Thurs.) there is a light dinner served in the dining area free of charge.

Drusilla at the registration desk was friendly and very helpful. The only minor glitches were one day when the housekeeping staff missed our room until we called. and a bit of misunderstanding regarding the new WiFi options. Even when the hotel was filled with guests and there was a wedding or other large gathering going on, the staff endeavored to make all welcome and to open a meeting room for breakfasters when the other breakfast area was filled. A very well run Marriott is this Res. Inn.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
Priscilla D, General Manager at Residence Inn Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2015

Dear rosadekor,

Thanks for being our guest and for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.
I am happy to hear that this stay was better than your last stay. This is great news to our TEAM that work hard daily to do better and improve every day.
Guests like you are what make our hotel a better hotel, simply by making constructive positive comments.
Please remember that we bake our cookies in house, fresh daily so please ask us for extra when we run short.
Again thanks for your visit and think of us when back to the Andover area.

Reviewed September 9, 2015

Originally I had requested a 2 room suite. None were available for the 2nd night of my 2 night stay, so I accepted a 1 room suite with a pull out couch in the living room area. The room was wonderful, except that the mattress on the pull out couch was completely unacceptable. It was the most uncomfortable mattress I ever tried to sleep on. I complained to the staff at the front desk (Ashley & Stacey), and (1) they offered to provide 2 foam mattresses to put on top of the pull out mattress (2) they also offered the option of having us switch to a 2 bedroom suite for at least the 1 night, and then we would switch back the following night with the add'l foam mattresses (3) they remained positive and upbeat throughout, never letting our frustration impact their attitude or desire to assist. I decided to take them up on the (1) night's stay in the 2 bedroom suite, with their assurance that they would do their best to keep us in that same room for our 2nd night. I received a call at 10 am the next morning informing me that we could remain in the 2 bedroom suite for our 2nd night's stay as well. I feel they went well out of their way to try to accommodate us, and I commended them in person, but I'm choosing to do so via this venue as well.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family

Dear cmcm49,

Thanks for being our guest and for sharing your recent experience at our hotel.
I am glad to hear once again that Ashley and Stacey made your stay "Memorable". This is our goal to go above and beyond and do whatever it takes to have you come back.
I will be celebrating your comments with the TEAM and recognizing them.
I apologize for the quality of our sofa bed.
Please think of us when visiting the Andover area again.

Reviewed August 31, 2015

I just spent this week at the Residence Inn - 1st class accommodation, super friendly staff especially the manager she is great, nothing too much trouble. The room was spacious, well equipped and very comfortable. The buffet breakfast was good, they just need to get some proper bacon instead of that horrible processed stuff and put the plates and cutlery on a top shelf instead of such a low shelf. The fitness room needs to be bigger, I was okay as I used it at about 04:30 but they only had 2 treadmills and a cross trainer.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 3rd floor away from lifts, air con and stair wells if you like it quite
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled on business

Dear Susan B,
Dear M50ell,

Thanks for being our guest and for sharing your positive stay with us.
I appreciated that you recognize our TEAM and experience that our hotel any guest request is very important for us, we always make it happen.
I would like to share that our exercise room will be renovated, bigger and more equipment in 2016.
Our guests sent us comments to improve our hotel and we listened.
Please think of us when visiting the Andover area again.

Reviewed August 19, 2015

We stayed at the hotel to attend a concert in nearby Lowell. The front desk staff was efficient and very welcoming, the grounds are immaculate and the rooms clean. This hotel was quiet and the setting in a large office park lent itself to walking/jogging on endless paths and sidewalks. I used Marriott points and the process was seamless.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple

Dear Susan B,

Thanks for being our guest and for choosing our hotel.
I am happy to hear that you were able to relax and enjoy your stay at our hotel and it's beautiful location.
Please come visit again and our TEAM will be here to service you.

Reviewed August 1, 2015

I stayed at the Residence Inn for seven consecutive weeks on business so I got to experience the pros and cons of the establishment over time. Let's talk about the pros first.

First, the staff was friendly and did all they could to make me feel welcome each and every visit. After the first two weeks, I was welcomed by name when I walked through the door. I usually did online check in and, other than one week, it was smooth and fast. The rooms are clean and well-prepared. Not once did I find dishes left in the dishwasher or leftover food in the refrigerator.

Beds were comfortable, television service as good most of the time, with sporadic disruptions on certain channels. I believe the service is satellite so these could have been weather related. The breakfast was always well-prepared and selection was good. The dining staff was among the friendliest I have encountered.

There are a couple of cons. First, the rooms are in a separate building from the front desk. When it was cold or rainy, this was an annoyance. Second, the housekeeping staff could be slow. On one occasion, my room had not been made up on my arrival at 5:30 PM. I was at the front desk to hear another customer complain that his room had not been touched and it was 6:30 PM. But, generally, my room was ready on my return and it was always clean.

One week, when I entered my room after check in, the smoke detector was beeping, meaning the battery was dead. I called the front desk and maintenance was there in five minutes and fixed it promptly.

If I am in the area again, I will not hesitate to stay here. While there are some small downsides, the staff is so gracious and accommodating that any annoyances are overcome by a wide margin.

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank Crescendo59
Priscilla D, General Manager at Residence Inn Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2015

Dear Crescendo59,

Thanks for being our guest and for taking the time to share you excellent stay with us.
We are a proud and fun TEAM always ready to help. Our goal is to make you feel at home and we accomplished! Long or short term stays are perfect at our hotel; we have all the space and amenities you need for work or leisure.

Please come back to visit soon.