“Hotel great ! Could improve on evening snacks.”

Residence Inn Boston Andover
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Andover
Andover, Massachusetts
“Hotel great ! Could improve on evening snacks.”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This hotel is great. Clean, friendly staff, good internet connection, house keeping perfect.

Only thing that I would like to share which you guys can improve on , is evening snacks. Almost every day, its full of beef and pork. I wish if you had chicken as frequently as you serve beef and pork, or some veg items too.

In the breakfast as well, if we had some chicken items rather than beef/pork. I am still staying here and will be here for another one and a half month. Room # 242. Hope the management does something about it.

A star less from my side, if this is taken care, it would be perfect.

Kudos to the team for a good management. :-)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Priscilla D, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Andover, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Mr. Kumar K,

Thanks for your recent review and for the opportunity to personally meet with me. I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your stay and recognizing our wonderful TEAM of associates and managers. Our breakfast will always have 4 hot items option daily and dinner as promised to you; I will always have an option away from pork or beef.
Thanks for choosing our hotel as you "Home Away from Home".

Priscilla Dias

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Although having stayed long term, the daily servicing of the room always ensured that all my amenities were replaced, counter tops and sinks were cleaned and the condition was left pristine. The housekeeping staff was very attentive and respectful. In general the staff would remember me, offered friendly hellos and were available at all times. At the front desk Suheidy was always working with the most enthusiastic attitude, always wanting to ensure that the stay was satisfactory. Her friendly smile and recollection of the fact that I was a long term guest gave that sense of appreciation. People like Suheidy and the support staff at this hotel will make your stay all the more pleasurable. Dinner and breakfast get a bit busy so plan accordingly. If you decide to eat in and use the kitchenette the appliances are new and very clean!

Room Tip: Request a door away from the entry ways. If you find yourself next to those doors you will hear them...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Priscilla D, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Andover, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear RJM1980,

Thanks for your review and for recognizing our staff for their professionalism and enthusiasm. I am proud to be part of a great TEAM and happy to see another guest that felt recognized while staying with us. Suheidy is a true leader, her positive attitude and care is contagious.
We completed our renovations and appliances are brand new. Guests can also enjoy our same day grocery shopping service and be able to cook their favorite recipe. Our dinner menu Mon-Thurs is created carefully based on guests feedback.
Please keep us in mind when visiting the Andover area again and we hope to see you soon.

Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Warm and friendly welcome at reception, beer on sale for take-out. Rooms are apartment studio-like and in excellent condition, beautifully decorated. Large fridge, dishwasher, large microwave, large full breakfast buffet. Wired high speed internet. I rarely give full score, but this one gets two thumbs up!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear kbzensen,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel in such a "Perfect" way. We just completed our full renovations and have just the right amenities for our extended stay hotel. Hot buffet breakfast, night social and wine/beer for sales is what our guests enjoy the most. Our staff is our true asset, always making sure our guests feel welcome and at home.
Again thanks for choosing our hotel and I hope to have you as our guest again.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Andover Residence Inn for a business trip and found it to be a very good experience . The staff was very helpful, particularly Kyle and Melissa, going above and beyond to care for all of my needs. Having breakfast on site was very convenient, but it would have been nice to have a restaurant on the property for dinner. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would stay there again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Priscilla D, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Andover, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear JP,

Thanks for your review and for recognizing our associates high level of service.
They are an asset to our hotel.
We do not have a restaurant on site but we offer a complimentary light dinner 4 nights (Monday - Thursday). Also less than 5 minutes from our hotel we have 2 great restaurants.
Thanks for being our guest and I hope to service you soon when you are back to the Andover area.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I don't have anything to complain about the actual stay the hotel was fine. During the day the manegment is awful I actually was in the lobby and heard one of the managers yelling at a housekeeper in front of everyone. Total disgrace. But once night time comes everything seems to cool down. The front staff is extremely friendly and are there to help with whatever I need. I even had to call down for my smoke detector going off and the lady who came up was beyond helpful very friendly. I just wish the people who managed were a quarter as polite as everyone else. Won't be staying there again for that reason.

• Stayed December 2013
4 Thank John21516
Priscilla D, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Andover, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear John21516,

Thanks for your time and compliments on your recent stay.
We are so glad that you have seen what a motivated staff can accomplish.
We are proud, we are loud and we are “Marriott”.
Thanks for being our guest and I hope to service you in the future when visiting the area.

Hollywood, FL
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week while visiting family over the holidays. It was very recently renovated so the room and furnishings were all brand new. It was immaculately clean from top to bottom. Studio Suite was very spacious with a king bed, sofa, sitting chair and kitchen area. Room was serviced each day and they even offered service on Christmas day by request. The lobby is also new and beautifully done. Laundry room was also large with several newer model washers and dryers. The front desk service could not have been any better. Every person we encountered from the check in desk to the breakfast buffet staff was genuinely friendly and ready to help. I travel to this area a lot for work and family visits and this is by far the best hotel that I have stayed in. Other hotels in the area need to take note and a lesson from this one. I will seek this place out anytime I'm in the Boston area. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Priscilla D, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Andover, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Mr. Tom C,

Thanks for your review and for sharing your positive experience in details.
We are 10 days away from completing our full renovations in the rooms. Our newly renovated lobby as you mentioned is beautiful and welcoming.
Our housekeeping staff takes pride of what they do and make sure each suite is spotless to welcome our guests.
We serve our guests with our hearts and making a difference every day is easy - we have a true "Spirit to Serve" - rule number one at our hotel.
Thanks for being our guest and I hope to see you in the future when visiting the area.

Sincerely.
Poughquag, New York
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This hotel was full of wonderful surprises for a Residence Inn! I highly recommend it. The location is quiet near the river walking path. They have great hot breakfast every day and light dinner M-Th. If you have a car, there is plenty of shopping/restaurants. The property was just renovated. The people were very helpful: They Listen and React. Chef Karen pleasantly prepares the light dinner. The salad bar was always fresh. One morning, Ms. Dias at the front desk asked how was my stay and did I like the dinner the night before. I told her I was surprised by the candy/desert bar. Since I am a diabetic, I noticed it but could not eat any. When I returned back in the evening after work, I had a message to come to the front desk –Kyle gave me sugar free candies from hotel’s candy bar. Melissa at the front desk constantly asks about your stay. I highly recommend this hotel for business because the staff are really nice people.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear M L,

Thanks for your wonderful review and appreciation. We try to know more about each one of our guests to be able to go above and beyond and exceed expectations daily.
I am proud and agree with your comments about our staff - they enjoy interacting with our guests and share stories. This is the Residence Inn culture!
Thanks for being our guest and I look forward to see you again when traveling to the area.