“Home away from Home”

Residence Inn Marriott
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Andover
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We were in Andover for a wedding and spent 4 nights at the Residence Inn. We were able to get a free upgrade from my Marriott Platinum Card and got a 2 bedroom suite. It was wonderful having so much extra space and 2 full baths. The suite also included a full kitchen. The hotel is situated in a wooded area in an upscale industrial park. There were even paved walking paths in a tranquil setting. It was so peaceful and relaxing. The staff was excellent and we loved having 24 hour coffee available as well as a free breakfast each day. If you need an extended stay, this is definitely a great place to unpack your bags.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed here this past weekend, while in town for a wedding on the North Shore. First of all, we got there a couple of hours before check in and if the room wasn't ready i would have gone out to lunch and came back, but the girl at the front desk graciously checked to see if it was available which it was. So we at least unpacked the car and stuff from Trader Joes in Acton before going out to lunch. We had a very spacious one bedroom suite, so because i like to sleep in the morning my husband was able to go into the living room and watch tv and go online. They also have an excellent breakfast buffet, so we didn't have to go out for breakfast and filled me up for the ride home on Sunday. Even though i don't come to this area much, i would definitely stay here again and recommended this place to relatives who travel to Maine every summer.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We stayed for our daughter's wedding and blocked off a number of rooms. Although we did this well in advance, the person in charge of the blocking was very difficult to get in touch with, but once communication was established, all went smoothly. The rooms are spacious, newly renovated, clean and comfortable. The free breakfast buffet was plentiful but should be opened for an hour later in the AMs, especially on the weekends.

Room Tip: There is an ice maker in your refrigerator. Be sure to turn it on if you want ice.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2012

After a power outage we discovered that our washing machine had been surged and flooded the 2nd floor, kitchen and basement. We lived in this hotel for over six weeks and the staff treated us like family. They even offered the breakfast area to us to cook our Thanksgiving Turkey. I highly recommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: If you have kids ask for the first floor room next to the tennis court/basketball courts. There is...
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Stayed here for two weeks in a one bedroom suite. I really like these long stay hotels and have stayed in them in various locations in the US. This was a very nice example of one: clean, quiet, modern, nice staff. Location is on a business park only a short distance from the freeway. There is gas station right by the freeway and it is only a short drive to a supermarket if you want groceries. For shopping, Burlington Mall is not very far away. As an example of staff helpfullness: at the weekend I met up with some old friends near Warner, NH and we went hiking up Mount Kearsage...on the way down I twisted my ankle..I was OK to hobble down and drove back to the hotel but it got quite painful. I went to reception and the staff got me a big bag of ice from the kitchen straight way which was great. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Nothing special about the room - except that it overlooked the sports area, where there were loud and lively kids' hockey games both nights we stayed.

I LOVED the beds, but I like soft mattresses. My husband and parents were pretty miserable.

There are signs everywhere saying there's a No Tolerance Policy for noise complaints, but we had what sounded like a herd of elephants running back and forth over our room both nights. (We didn't complain, so that's our fault.)

The breakfast space fills up quickly, and the staff seems to have trouble keeping the food stocked - but with a kitchen in our room and to-go containers available, it's not a huge deal.

1  Thank schmecky
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My siblings and I visited the area for a funeral for a one night stay and the staff was wonderful. We had reservations and needed to check in early, so we notified them the day prior as well as in a message when the reservations were made online. When we arrived shortly after noon, no rooms were immediately available. Tammy made sure we were good to check in and upgraded our rooms to accomodate us without hesitation. Although we noticed the bill was incorrect for one of the two rooms, the gentleman at the front desk the next morning adjusted the error hassle free. I want to thank them for making this somber occasion one that we can remember in a positive light. I travel often for business and it's always appreciated when staff is helpful and understanding. The 2 BR suites were very accomodating, beds were comfy and the breakfast was just what we needed to start the next day. THanks again. I recommend this hotel to anyone for whatever the occasion may be.

Room Tip: If you have a problem, talk to the staff rather than bicker later. They will accomodate.