“Another great Residence Inn”

Residence Inn Marriott
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Andover
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Stayed at the Residence Inn Boston Andover, with my wife and two boy’s age 6 and 4. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite. As always was very happy with the accommodations. We took in Canobie Lake Park while there. The hotel was only about six miles or so from the park so it was quite close. The whole experience was great the pool was very nice and well taken care of. The breakfast was also very good as well. Really don’t have any cons about the stay we very happy with all aspects of the stay and will stay again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night in July before heading to Canobie Lake Park in the morning. We didn't want to deal with Cape Cod traffic the morning of, so we grabbed this hotel on Priceline for about $50 for the night. We checked in after grabbing some dinner around 9:00pm and found a wonderful studio room with a Queen sized bed, living room with sofa and tv, kitchen complete with full sized fridge, dishwasher, sink, stove top burner, and bathroom with full bathtub.

Only downside to this place was there was no restaurant or bar, but we grabbed dinner at the Chillis right down the street and found a place the next exit up called the Irish Cottage for some drinks.

Everyone was very helpful at the front desk, espcially the young man working the night shift, I think his name was Frank. He helped us purchase a small bottle of wine to bring back to our room to toast our anniversary.

Free breakfast until 10 am, nice little spread :)

All in all, great stay and we would definately stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank katerigrace
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My family spent a quick one night at this hotel and were impressed with the value and the cleanliness. The room was spotless- with the "apartment" style rooms I get worried about the cleanliness of the kitchen sink, refrigerator, etc but everything was super clean and super comfortable. In fact, I mentioned to my wife that I liked the room so much it was a shame that we were staying here only for one night.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2010

No internet , have to walk out side when want to eat breakfast, rooms are old and the gym sucks.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Residence-Inn-Mgr, Manager at Residence Inn Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

You spoke and we listened! You recently stayed at the Boston Andover Residence Inn by Marriott and commented about issuses you experienced with our internet service.

I’m very pleased to announce that we have recently installed wireless internet in all of our guest rooms and we look forward to seeing you back again to give it a try.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed December 14, 2010

When we are in Boston/ Andover, we always stay in the Residence Inn. Its may simple but with good rooms or studios for a very good price with friendly staff, a quite good breakfast and its close to the 93 highway to all directions in New England, to shopping centers, just 30 min from down town Boston or to the beaches and in 1 hour max. we are in Maine.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DieterHoffmann
Reviewed October 29, 2010

This is a basic Residence Inn - not updated, rather worn - decent breakfast. Unlike many other Residence Inns, there is not a nighly 'meal.' It rotates throughout the week. Location may be convenient to the office parks surrounding hotel, but not the best for easy on/off access to I-93 and I-495.

None of that is a deal breaker for me.

The deal breaker - and why I won't recommend and will not return - is that there is no wireless internet in the rooms. You must either go to the lobby or tether yourself to a desk. I like to work on the kitchen tables when I stay at a Residence Inn, but the internet hook up was in the bedroom. SINGLE hook up - so forget two colleagues working at the same time. No way to connect your blackberry/iPhone either.

There are too many other hotels out there than offer the necessary technology for a business or leisure traveler.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

You spoke and we listened! You recently stayed at the Boston Andover Residence Inn by Marriott and commented about issues you experienced with our internet service.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 21, 2010

We were renovating our one and only bathroom, so we thought it would be best to stay elsewhere until the essentials were installed (bathtub/shower, sink, door). The hotel is very easy to find in a business park just a few seconds off the highway. The rooms are clean, service is good and the price is right. We stayed in a 1-bedroom suite with our 17 month old. The hotel provided a crib (pack-n-play) at no extra charge.

Cons:
Parking - There are only a handful of spaces in front of the building. Once they are all full, you have to park on either side. This can be a long walk when carrying a toddler, diaper bag, gallon of milk, etc.

Sidewalk - the pavement has many cracks. Taking my son for a walk in his stroller could be very bumpy at times.

Internet - The wireless connection was really slow. Some days seemed painfully slow and I couldn't access my email without pulling out my hair. The wired connection was better, but still slow.

Pros:
Kitchen - it's very nice to have a kitchen available and not have to order out for every meal. I could easily store milk, deli meat, leftovers, anything to get us through the week.

Free breakfast - eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, toast, fruit, cereal and make your own waffles. I wish more hotels would adopt this free breakfast idea. It's very convenient for the guests and easy enough for the staff to manage.

Volume - I noticed a few dogs and some kids staying at this hotel, but it never seemed noisy. Our room was on the first floor next to the elevator and front entrance. It was pretty quiet considering our location.

Overall, this was a decent hotel although it could use a little updating.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank robyn76