All reviews full kitchen outdoor pool living room basketball court enjoyed my stay excellent stay free breakfast great place to stay potatoes i highly recommend this hotel pleasant stay hot breakfast we've stayed clean hotel front desk staff nice room easy access
Reviewed August 9, 2017

A previous stay resulted in using Sonesta again. We love the advantage of having the ability to prepare meals which is a cost saving. Also we love the two bedroom, 2 bath and three TV's. It works great for our family needs. A special treat is the hotel offers hamburger night and salad night which saves us on food for these two nights. The breakfast was included and it was awesome with alternating bacon and two kinds of sausage along with French toast, waffles, pancakes, potatoes, eggs and fruit. There is a pool and a weight room. We stayed here and commuted to Salem each day and the drive was pleasant and included stopping at a small dairy along the way. The only draw back was it took us two days to get the ice maker fixed/replaced in the room after numerous calls to the front desk to report the problem. It took maintenance a grand total of 40 minutes to complete the task. I would use this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you have a large family, I recommend the 2 bedroom suite.
Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KBelcheva, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Andover, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Dear Frankie B,
Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy that you and your family found your suite to be comfortable and spacious. We appreciate your kind compliments about our breakfast buffet and dinner! I'm so sorry that you encountered a problem with the ice maker and it took us a long time to fix it.
Warm regards, K. Belcheva

Reviewed August 8, 2017

This hotel worked well for us as we attended a family reunion nearby. It was annoying to discover insufficient sofa bed linens at 10PM, and for the hotel to run out of pool towels when swimming early in the day. But it was clean and a very good deal. Breakfast had a great variety which we appreciated with four children. The eggs were not the best in the world...
Check-out at noon is really nice...takes the pressure off of the morning.

Stayed: August 2017
KBelcheva, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Andover, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Dear Laurel C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! It is so nice to hear that you found the hotel clean and breakfast with a great variety.I apologize that there was no set of linens for the sofa bed available in your room!Thanks for your business. I hope to see you again sometime soon. Warm regards, K. Belcheva

Reviewed August 2, 2017

We often stay in this hotel when visiting family and friends in the area. The staff is friendly and breakfast is included. On our most recent visit, our ADA room was quite a distance from the lobby, down several thickly carpeted hallways. The good news is that our room was near a side exit so I didn’t have to go back to the lobby. However, there was no handicapped parking and no curb cut. So without assistance this would not have been a viable option for me.

I rated the hotel 3/5 based on the accessibility, but understand that this is subjective since we all have different needs and expectations. The comments below give a fuller picture of what to expect when booking at this hotel:

Bathroom

The shower has pvc built in bench which was large and sturdy. It has an adjustable height hand held shower within easy reach for person sitting on bench. There is a wall mounted shelf for soap, shampoo, etc. within reach of the bench but a bit high.

Shower controls are on the opposite wall from shower bench making it impossible to reach. One way to get around this is by turning on and adjusting the water before transferring to the shower bench. This method has a number of drawbacks and water controls really need to be positioned next to the hand held within easy reach for the person sitting on the bench. There is a grab bar under the water controls but none by the shower bench. In addition to not having a grab bar for balance and to steady oneself while showering, it is very difficult to transfer to and from the bench especially since plastic is slippery when wet. It also makes accessing the wall mounted shelf more challenging without having anything to on to for balance.

There are grab bars next to and behind the toilet. The is a large cutout under the sink. Closet has a low clothing rod that was easy to reach.

Kitchen

Sonesta Suites have kitchens and this one is open and easy accessible. There is open space under the sink and counter for meal prep. The refrigerator is compact and the door can be opened and accessed head on by a wheelchair user. Two cabinets are hung low and easy to reach. The table is high and has a lot of room to accommodate my wheelchair without banging my knees. The stove however is squeezed between the fridge and sink without a kneehole under it so it is very difficult to use.

Bedroom

As in so many hotels these days, the bed is impossibly high. I don't understand why Sonesta follows this trend when designing an ADA room. I can't picture a scenario where this a benefit to a person with any type of mobility related disability. This is such an easy fix. I can't wait until hotels like the Sonesta finally “get it”.

There is not enough space between the bed and the dresser to make the dresser usable. My wheelchair is 25” wide and fits in between with an inch or so on either side. No way was I getting those drawers open.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank AccessibleRoutes
KBelcheva, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Andover, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2017

Dear Roslyn,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am really sorry to hear that our ADA room was not comfortable for you !I appreciate the detailed description on the difficulties you have experienced in the ADA room so we can work on way to make them more accessible and convenient .I will present your feedback to our management team so that those items can be addressed.
Once again I offer my sincere apology for having a difficulty in our ADA room!
K.Belcheva

Reviewed July 20, 2017

I was so impressed with Sonesta Rittenhouse Square during my visit in October 2016. I was planning a trip to Boston when I realized Sonesta has a hotel that offers suites and it's only a short distance from the city. The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable, extremely hip and family-friendly. My sons were thrilled with the accommodations.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
KBelcheva, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Andover, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Thank you for deciding to stay with us during your visit to the Boston area. We are so happy that you and your sons found your suite to be comfortable, clean and spacious. Thanks for your kind compliments and business!
Warm regards, K. Belcheva

Reviewed July 20, 2017

Staff was great (friendly, courteous, and very helpful), and hotel overall was nice. Great breakfast. I was only there for 1 night, so I did not utilize the kitchen, but it would have been nice to have.

However, the room was not fully cleaned. The counter had a pink leftover stain on it that hadn't been cleaned, and under the bed clearly hasn't been vacuumed - there were beer bottle caps and napkin/tissue pieces on the floor.

The walls also seem to be quite thin. The person in the room adjacent to mine was watching tv very loudly after 11 pm at night, and I could hear it (just enough to be annoying, but not enough to warrant calling the front desk to ask them to call the room to turn the volume down).

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Thank you very much for providing us with your value feedback. I appreciate your kind compliments about our breakfast buffet. It is so nice to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly. I'm so sorry that you encountered housekeeping issues! Thank you for your business. Regards, K .Belcheva