“SPECTACULAR...the only place to stay in the Andover area !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Andover
Oyster Bay New York
“SPECTACULAR...the only place to stay in the Andover area !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2009

Bright rennovated rooms that are squeaky clean; comfortable bedding; free internet access; a refreshingly warm, friendly staff that go out of their way to make sure you are content. I'm looking forward to seeing the new Restaurant & Lobby Bar that are currently under rennovation....just another keen move on behalf of management to keep us, the frequent business travelers cheerful :) Quality is never compromised, the chef makes sure of that ! Food is consistently good. The Character's Sports Bar remains open for meals as well as regular room service. The exercise room is spacious, clean and contains new equipment. The entire pool area has been rennovated as well. Prices are reasonable. If you are coming to this area...it is the hottest place to stay! Come, and talk to some of the savvy regulars!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WyndhamAndover, Director of Guest Experience at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover, responded to this review, June 1, 2009
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very excited about renovations. We are looking at a July 1st completion date. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Winter Park
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2009

After reading the reviews I was a bit hesitant to stay at the Wyndham however I found the hotel fantastic. The rooms are modern with extremely comfortable beds. I never heard a sound from my neighbors which I appreciate. The first day my hot water did not work properly when I got back from work the facuet was fixed and a note was left from Polly Craig the Director of Guest Experience along with a small bottle of wine for my inconvenience. What customer service. The first evening a hotel employee made "rounds" offering ice, I only wish they did this every night. I noticed the hotel staff went out of their way to be gracious and say hello. My only complaint was the room service menu, the prices were off by over 25% when I said something the only response was "oh you probably have an old menu" , not "we will offer the price as listed" nor did they bring me an "updated" menu. Be careful they do not give you a copy of your room service order so you might not notice.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
gorgeous hudson valley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2009

We had passed the Wyndham many times but never thought we could afford to stay...Name your own price on Priceline changed that for us! For an unbelievable bid of $42 we had an absolutely wonderful hotel stay.
A 5 story hotel located in a business park..quiet location but close to major highways. Lovely and large lobby with a very accommodating staff. There is a lounge and restaurant on premises.
We were given a room on the 3rd floor, 2 doubles. The front desk staff coupled with the terrific room leaves me describing the place as thoughtful. Bath & Body works amenities in squeeze tubes instead of hard plastic bottles, warming lamps in the bathroom, cocktail napkins, a complimentary bottle of water, gourmet coffee, dual light switches at bedside...to me, these are the little things that mean a lot.
My absolute love was the bed...I felt as though I were in a cocoon, layers of premium bedding and fluffy pillows makes you say.."aaahhhhh".
Last week, through Priceline, we had gotten the same rate at the Holiday Inn...they are both listed as 3 star hotels, but the Wyndham Andover if far above the HI in quality--maybe even 2 steps above given the on-site amenities and room quality.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Lowell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2009

My husband and I stayed during the terrible ice storm in December. Polly Craig, Front Office director personally made my reservation and allowed me to check in early during what appeared to be a very busy time! We had no power for two days and what could of been miserable ended up being like a mini vacation! The room was great and the bed extremely comfortable - I hated to leave. the housekeeper was very friendly and so helpful. she arranged all my toiletries so neatly (and there are many as my nick name is "hurricane Sue"!! ) The breakfast buffet was also very inviting and well stocked I couldn't decide what to eat! I almost can't wait for the next outage. thanks again to the entire staff for making our two days so enjoyable.
Susan Olendzenski
Lowell, MA

Stayed December 2008
N.H.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2008

*stayed Dec.12-15, 2008-three nights* Room 135

We have stayed at this property before and have always been pleased-however it has been about 4 years since we last stayed, much has changed. The hotel and lobby itself look nice. The lobby staff was friendly. I also didn't know this was a pet friendly hotel (might of been because there was a state of emergency with the ice storm that they allowed dogs- we really don't care either way if pets are there or not-but did wake up two mornings with hearing dogs barking). I did write a review of what happened on bedbug registry.com and this is what I wrote (I'm copying the same one for here). I have never had this happen to me ever and ***when my husband comes home I will have him take pictures to post here ***(it's been two nights since we stayed there and still have the bite marks on me), this was horrible and should of never happened. I hope we have not brought anything home with us.

We had a power outage in NH and needed to get to somewhere warm. We called and thought we were lucky to get a room at the Wyndham Andover Hotel Dec. 12 and 13th 2008. We have stayed there before and thought it was a nice hotel/no problems. We were in room 135 2 double beds with our kids. First morning I woke up with red marks on my belly and sides, I was the only one with marks so thought I was allergic to something in the sheets. I stripped the bed looked at the mattress and didn't see anything so I had housekeeping make up my bed fresh. The power outage was to last longer so I booked another night Sunday the 14th 2008. Well next morning I was covered in bite marks (kinda looked like mosquito bites) some up my neck, all over the front of my upper chest, even a couple on my breast, on both of my sides, on my pelvic area, lower stomach and back.....in total about 60/70 marks. No one else seemed to have any marks so I really thought I was allergic to something (which is weird cause I stay in alot of hotels and my skin has never had an allergic reaction in or out of a hotel). Our last night there about 8pm in the evening my husband had about 10 of the same bite marks on his stomach and leg. We decided to get off that bed we moved to the other bed and slept in our clothes ontop of the covers. Our daughter slept on the floor on some pillows and our son slept in the chair and ottoman (he had slept there since the first night). The infected bed was left with no one on it. Next day we got a room at the new Holiday Express in Seabrook NH (I'm mad we didn't get that hotel in the first place it was a clean room and bed and it was the first night my skin wasn't crawling). We left Wyndham I never reported what happened (I really didn't feel like pulling my shirt or pants up/down for strangers in the lobby. As of today Dec 17th 2008.....I still have the red marks although not as bright and they do seem to be going away, I think I'm going to take a picture of them, just to have. We will never stay at the Wyndham again and I will definitely tell everyone I know about what happened. There is no doubt in my mind that at least one bed the one closest to the window(could be both) is infested with bed bugs or mites..something that bites the skin.

• Liked — convienent and was able to book in time of NH outage
  • Disliked — my body is covered by bites from the bed in room 135
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
WyndhamAndover, Director of Guest Experience at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover, responded to this review, December 19, 2008
I wanted to take this opportunity to respond to your comment concerning bed bugs at the Wyndham Boston Andover. As soon as we saw your comment, we responded immediately as we take these issues very seriously and have a procedure in place. Our vendor promptly inspected the room for bed bugs and did not find any bugs in that, or any other neighboring rooms. We are prepared to share the reported results of the inspection upon your request. The Wyndham fully understands this issue can be a problem in hotels. This issue is actually carried in and spread by humans and not as a result of uncleanly rooms. Our housekeepers and The Wyndham Boston Andover, are ranked amongst the very highest within the Wyndham Brand. They are trained, seasoned professionals who inspect each room on a daily basis.

We appreciate your concerns and feel comfortable that the bites are not from our hotel.
East Sussex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2008

The route off the freeway was well sign-posted and the hotel very smart. The staff on the front desk were friendly and helpful. The room clean, smart and spacious. The bathroom was clean and fresh with nice finishing touches. The bed was very large and comfortable and the room surprisingly quiet considering proximity to the interstate. The recently refurbished indoor pool was quite cold and fairly small making it difficult to swim lengths but there was a good range of new fitness equipment in the fitness centre. There is good fast food available in the Characters Bar inside the hotel. Staff were very friendly and checking out was quick and easy.

• Liked — Comfort and luxury
  • Disliked — Pool temperature
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
WyndhamAndover, Director of Guest Experience at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover, responded to this review, December 16, 2008
Dear Abbeyreviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We love to hear from our guests and how their experience was at our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!
Calgary Alberta Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2008

I had really bad weather going to Boston this trip and arrived ten hours late. When I got to my room, it was softly lit with background music and as clean and welcoming as it could be. With the free Wyndham by request thing that I joined on my second visit, I also got a great snack of fresh fruit and some juice on ice waiting for me.This was a great ending to a bad day. This was my forth stay in this hotel this year as I train in this area. In spite of the many goofs on my part, the staff always rescued me and everything worked out. The food has always been great and everything worked in the room as it was supposed to. The room was always quiet when retiring. Even though some renos to the pool and exercise room are in process, this is a great place to stay.

• Liked — Helpfulness of staff and cleanliness.
  • Disliked — Not enough chairs in the lobby.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andover
Sonesta ES Suites Andover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Andover
Courtyard Boston Andover
SpringHill Suites Boston Andover
Residence Inn Boston Andover
Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover? Share your experiences!