“room service”
Review of 189 Prime

189 Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
189 Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 67 Restaurants in Andover
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: River Road
Description: Merrimack Valley Neighborhood Steakhouse, featuring prime steaks, fresh Atlantic seafood, salads with locally sourced greens and organic produce in season. A full menu, designed with creative application and paired with the familiar make an impression. Contemporary, casual with a relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I had the crab cake small plate and the apple-cranberry crisp. The chipotle aioli was perfect- not spicy, but nice smoky flavor.

1  Thank StewieVT

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Great menu selection. Disappointing daily soup, lentil and ham. It was too salty and greasy, with few lentils and little ham. Risotto quite good. Wine ok. Not very busy on a Saturday night, which is good reason to come. Most restaurants nearby have long waits. However, because this is in a hotel, hidden away, it seems that few know of it.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is our second trip to the Andover Wyndham for their breakfast buffet. The first visit was a neighborhood girls outing for the Holidays. The second, today was a family breakfast.
We arrived around 10 am and the restaurant was nearly empty. The atmosphere is bright and pleasant. The buffet has anything you could want for breakfast-scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, oatmeal fruits, pasteries and made to order Omelets and Belguim Waffles with whipped cream and strawberries. Juices and coffee are refillable and all for only 16$ a person.
Will definitely return!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

When my friend suggested we go for a steak at On The Bone, we were not totally sure how good it would be. Now we do. We were greeted very warmly by a nice woman in her 60's. We had a reservation but we could tell by a 10% full restaurant that one is not needed. The decor was typical hotel restaurant stock with a few works of art placed on the walls. The prices of the meals, apps, salads and drinks were typical of the some of the better steak houses around, but not as high as the high end steak houses in Boston. We had the house Razarita, which later the waitress told us she "had never made before" but she just "followed the directions in the book." I guess a real bartender is a luxury they cannot afford. The drink did not have a trace of pink in it, so maybe it was made without the advertised Chambord, but it tasted alright. We shared a Caprese salad. The yellow and red tomatoes were pretty good and there was a fair amount of mozzarella on it, but it lacked enough balsamic and spices to make it something special. Our steaks were cooked just the way we wanted, and were sized as described. The red bliss garlic mashed potatoes were quite good and large in quantity. The seasonal vegetables were hard to distinguish, but did just fine as a complement on the plate. The house bread was nice and warm, and it came with a caramelized onion butter that was to die for. The desserts all looked really good, but we were too full to order any. The hostess was also the busboy for the night, which I found odd but certainly helpful. The entire staff was very nice and certainly caring, but they did not have the flair and sense of dining experience and presentation that top steak houses do. I was not looking for drama or hyperbole, but a little more enthusiasm towards the guest would have made me feel better about what I was paying for average steaks. I think OTB needs to step it up on all counts if it wants to succeed in the Andover market. People will figure out they can get about the same quality, for a lot less, at any of the chain steak places up the street in Methuen or Salem, NH. I am glad we tried OTB, but I do have buyer's remorse today knowing I did not get the value I paid for our meals. I wonder if OTB will survive as a steak house or if Wyndham will change its format soon and head in another direction.

Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Visiting the area on business so thought I'd check out some places high up on the list on here. Service was pleasant & polite but the venue lacked atmosphere, but then I guess it was the Sunday night after thanksgiving. Food was Ok, nothing amazing though

Been to 189 Prime? Share your experiences!