“great breakfast”
Review of 189 Prime

189 Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
189 Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 69 Restaurants in Andover
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: River Road
Description: Merrimack Valley Neighborhood Steakhouse, featuring prime steaks, fresh Atlantic seafood, salads with locally sourced greens and organic produce in season. A full menu, designed with creative application and paired with the familiar make an impression. Contemporary, casual with a relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Breakfast had everything for a full breakfast, including made to order omlettes,, and belguim waffles besides the regular morning splaces.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

After reading the reviews, we were anxious to go there. We booked a reservation and headed over. There's not a lot going on in Lawrence, Massachusetts so we chose On the Bone.

The restaurant is in the Wyndam hotel. It was really nice and not busy.

The service was really good. The food was okay. I was a bit travel weary so I ordered a lighter fare - the shrimp risotto. My hubbie ordered the filet showcase dinner.

We opened with the soups - clam chowder and french onion soup. They were fabulous!

The shrimp was okay - the risotto was very lumpy. He enjoyed his filet and fries.

We finished with the dessert round - I had the Marquis Cake (flourless chocolate), it was good. He had the Creme Brulee which he enjoyed very much.

All in all, it was nice.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Had a business dinner at On the Bone in the Wyndham in Andover and the food was very good. They had a wide variety of meals and also had several nice small plates to choose from. The service was efficient but the server wasn't very friendly. There were maybe only two other tables of people in the entire place and the atmosphere was nonexistent.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I ordered the Seafood Linguini and it was freakin' amazing. I am a very critical person and I can't wait for my next trip so I can order it again.

OTBMGT, Manager at 189 Prime, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Casandra,

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience with us. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our delicious Linguine ai Frutti Di Mare. We have a great variety of starters, entrees, and dessert items that will suite your taste; we hope that you can visit us again soon! Thank you again.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Forget what you think you know about hotel restaurants and try this one.

Terrific food, great service, all in all a very pleasant experience. My strip steak was as good as any I've ever had. Scallops were cooked perfectly. One person in our party ordered the Chicken Schnitzel, and was given the Chicken Statler instead...he ate it anyway and pronounced it very good.

A couple of the bone-in items were not available, but there was still a lot of variety on the menu.

The hotel and restaurant are close to Route 93, which made it convenient for both the Boston-based and NH-based people in the party.

Prices were a little on the high side (it *is* in a hotel), but not outrageous for the quality of the food.

1  Thank poisson54
OTBMGT, Manager at 189 Prime, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you very much for taking your time to write such great things about On the Bone! We are very excited to know that you loved the quality of food and service at On the Bone Restaurant. We apologize for serving the incorrect chicken dish, although the guest mentioned they did enjoy it. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to 189 Prime? Share your experiences!