“great steak and wine”
Review of 189 Prime

189 Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
189 Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 69 Restaurants in Andover
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: River Road
Description: Merrimack Valley Neighborhood Steakhouse, featuring prime steaks, fresh Atlantic seafood, salads with locally sourced greens and organic produce in season. A full menu, designed with creative application and paired with the familiar make an impression. Contemporary, casual with a relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

the staff at the on the bone steak house is there to make sure your meal is perfect... the food is priced fair and the staff at the hotel wyndam andover will make an appearance to add to the perfection of the meal...it feels like they truely care that your with them for the evening... my only regret is that andover is a long way from my home in Texas

OTBMGT, Manager at 189 Prime, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your great comments and also for taking your time to provide your feedback! We are pleased to hear that you had a great dining experience at On the Bone! We strive to provide the best service and comfort to our customers and we are happy to know that we have met your expectations. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Ate here one night when staying at the hotel. A colleague had told me steak was good, but had warned me off other items on the menu. Steak was good, service slow and a bit 'old fashioned' I don't know but the whole hotel did have a retro vibe to it!

I ate out my second night - heading my colleague's advice, so cann't comment on other items on menu.

Breakfast was OK - typical hotel buffet.

Dear guest,

Please accept our sincere apology for not living up to your expectation. We purchase and prepare only fresh, top quality products in small quantities. Our Chef's usually receive great accolades about their way of preparing food. The service presentation seems to have been a little more formal than you expected. We will discuss this at our next Food & Beverage meeting, as a more contemporary approach may be necessary. We appreciate your comments as this allows us the opportunity to make improvements.

Annette M. Titorenko
Food and Beverage Manager

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Our large group enjoyed the Thanksgiving Buffet late on Thanksgiving day. The food was delicious & it was a relaxing evening.

3  Thank CUBuffFamily
OTBMGT, Manager at 189 Prime, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your feedback! We are pleased to hear that you had a great dining experience at On the Bone! We are happy to know that you and your group enjoyed our Thanksgiving buffet, thank you for joining us on this wonderful day. We look forward to your next visit.

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Everyone wanted steak and we were not disappointed! Each steak came out cooked as requested and the sauces were very good!

2  Thank CapeCodMem
OTBMGT, Manager at 189 Prime, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your great feedback about your recent On the Bone visit. We are thrilled to hear that your expectations were met. We hope that you visit us again soon so that you can enjoy our delicious steaks or just try other items on the menu. Thank you again for dining at On the Bone.

Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Had the fish special, sea bass. Sorry to say it was the worst I ever had in a tangy but inedible sauce. The ice tea was even bad. There were plenty of tvs to watch the Olympics and maybe the burgers/sandwiches were fine, but would not travel to this restaurant if I had any time. Certainly don't go with the seafood. If possible, head into Boston.

1  Thank RaleighHendersons
OTBMGT, Manager at 189 Prime, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valued feedback on Tripadvisor.

Please accept my sincere apology for not living up to your expectation.

We purchase and prepare only fresh, top quality product in small quantities.
Our Chef's usually receive great accolades about their way of preparing our food.
I hoped you would have given us the opportunity to make things right the evening of your visit.

Please call or email me. I would like to hear more details of our shortcomings so we can start making improvements immediately.

Thank you for your business. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Stephan Amesoeder
Director of Food and Beverage
Wyndham Hotel Andover
978.725.4449
samesoeder@wyndham.com

Been to 189 Prime? Share your experiences!