“Amazing & Very Romantic”
Review of Yella Grille

Yella Grille
Ranked #4 of 66 Restaurants in Andover
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Yella, which means “Come On, Let’s Go” in Lebanese, is a Modern Mediterranean Grille located in the heart of downtown Andover. Chef Carlo Berdahn and his wife Danielle together co-own the picturesque bistro, bringing a new and fresh dining option to the Merrimack Valley. The intimate space and updated décor provide a warm and relaxed atmosphere, while its crisp linens and open layout give the dining room a comfortable and inviting setting. Lebanese inspired, these beautifully plated dishes remain true to the hearty traditions of regional cooking; warm soups, dark lentils, subtle teasing spices, velvety risotto, crispy pan seared fish, succulent lamb and delectable desserts. Chef Berdahn uses his culinary expertise to create classic, yet modern Mediterranean dishes.
New England
“Amazing & Very Romantic”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The atmosphere was lovely. The cuisine was fantastic! We received a gift certificate. The cinn. chicken is to die for!!! So different and and melts in your mouth!

Visited February 2013
Danielle B, Owner at Yella Grille, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thanks for sharing such wonderful feedback, mindprofessional! The mediterranean chicken is certainly delicious, and very popular among many of our customers. Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Suburban Gem”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We are living in temporary quarters while we renovate a house and are constantly looking for new places in the area for dinner. What a great find Yella is! We shared the stuffed grape leaves for a appetizer. Delicious. I had the amazing short ribs with risotto: just the right combination of spicy and sweet. As I told the owner when she visited our table, "I am a bit of a short rib expert. These are wonderful." Truffled risotto was the perfect companion to this dish. My husband had the catch of the day (flounder) and loved it. We will return!

• Visited August 2013
Danielle B, Owner at Yella Grille, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thanks for the wonderful feedback about your recent experience with us, Cheryl! The grape leaves are certainly a great appetizer to begin with, and the short ribs are absolutely one of my favorite entrees, as well. The Chef prepares the short ribs with tangerine, which adds a touch of sweetness to the dish. This week we debuted our seasonal menu, and we hope you'll be back soon to try some of our new dishes! Thanks again.
Rutherfordton
“cozy & fine cuisine”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My sweet family made reservations for a special anniversary dinner. I had no idea just how memorable it would be! I ordered the pan-seared scallops with a sauce so tasty I really wanted to forget my manners and lap it up entirely. It was served with some of the best-prepared potatoes and specialty mushrooms I have ever been offered anywhere. It is a small restaurant, and even mid-week was full -- I imagine reservations are always in order. The service was quite efficient, considering the number of patrons. And they even gave parking suggestions by phone as we approached the upscale area. I definitely hope to return, next time I visit my Andover family.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Anne S
Danielle B, Owner at Yella Grille, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Hi Anne! Your review has certainly put a smile on my face as I am reading it. I am delighted that your anniversary dinner was so memorable. Hope to have you back with us next time you are in the Andover area.
United States
““After a good meal one can forgive anybody, even one's own relations.””
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Had a heavenly goddess luncheon at Yella yesterday, thank you . Amy was a breath of fresh air. Shrimp was o...o...o...outstanding, the moscado bubbly, coffee - tasted like more. It was a delight. Menu is greatly improved (new items added-always a must - us diners tire easily of the same items). My last visit was some time ago when menu was static but glad to see the wonderful changes.. Will be back with friends and family.
Thoroughly enjoyable, relaxing. Delicious.

“After a good meal one can forgive anybody, even one's own relations.”
― Oscar Wilde, A Woman of No Importance
After this meal I had forgiven my entire family .....:)

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Margaret D
Danielle B, Owner at Yella Grille, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Hi Margaret! Thanks so much for the positive feedback about your recent lunch with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us- the shrimp tagliatelle is certainly one of my favorites as well, and the Moscato is absolutely a refreshing complement to that dish. We are always adding new additions to our menu and wine list, and we hope to have you dine with us again soon. Thanks again for the kind words.
Andover, Massachusetts
“Delicious food”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Very small place so you need a reservation.
But the food is delicious. The desserts are to dye for.
Great for a date even if on the more pricy side.
To try.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Smilemilie
Danielle B, Owner at Yella Grille, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thanks so much for the kind words! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our dessert menu selections so much- they are certainly a great way to end your meal at Yella! Hope to see you again soon.