“Excellent food - a cut above”

Casa Blanca Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 66 Restaurants in Andover
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
CT
“Excellent food - a cut above”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We ate here as a family of four (two under 17) for lunch on a Saturday. The menu is extensive with a wide range of the traditional Mexican offerings as well as more interesting fish, beef, pork, and vegetarian offerings. Everyone enjoyed their selections, which ranged from fish tacos, chicken tacos, fish enchiladas, and a 'torta carnitas' which is very much like a Mexican pulled pork sandwich. Everything was very good, and fresh. A side of grilled vegetables was available for the entrees, which were excellent. The fresh guacamole is very good and the presentation of the dishes was beautiful. There are three dips with the complimentary chips to start - an avocado based dip, a traditional salsa, and a roasted vegetable salsa. All were very good. It's nice to sit upstairs on the second floor and see downtown Andover. It's right above a Starbucks.

• Visited April 2013

Milford Square
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have had both lunch and dinner in this downtown restaurant, and have enjoyed it every time. I travel on business to Andover 4 times a year, and I always take time to eat there. Service is good, and quick.

• Visited February 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Mexican place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

The food is awesome! I love their Mexicali Chimichanga. They have very tasty (- and strong!) Margaritas too. All in all, you get great value for the price.

• Visited March 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“We <3 Casa Blanca!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband is from Colorado and is used to getting awesome Mexican food, it's hard to find in the northeast - not anymore! Their food here is great and my husband approves! The chips and salsa are just the beginning of an amazing food experience! They have a good menu and lots of choices - vegetarian options too. The margaritas are delish and they use good tequilas and fresh mix so you can have more than one without feeling "margarita burn" (heartburn) as I call it. The charro beans are my favorite side dish :) yummo! They have a nice extra spicy habanero salsa that you can ask for if you can handle the heat, it's my husbands favorite. The service is always good - just expect a wait if you go in on a Friday or Saturday night, it's well worth it. Enjoy!!

Georgetown, Massachusetts
“Very Good Mexican Food for MA!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

After my first time visiting the Casa Blanca in Andover I will say it's one of the best for Mexican in MA!
The service was very good. The tortilla chips were crispy and fresh. I loved the 3 salsa options that came with the chips. The margaritas were excellent! I had the Casa Blanca one with the grand marnier and my friend had a jalapeno one - great flavor and unique!
For dinner I ordered the Trio of enchiladas. The only one I didn't love was with the mole sauce. Other than that, they were very good! My friend had the pork carnitas and said they were great!
I didn't love the music. A bit loud, but that's just my personal opinion.
I will definitely be going back for another visit. Looking forward to trying the guacamole next time!

• Visited January 2013