“Would review the food but never got it”
Review of Boston King Cafe - CLOSED

Boston King Cafe
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The place was busy on a Sunday morning. I took the kids for what I thought would be a quick breakfast before church. We were seated with coffee fairly quickly, but there ended anything that resembled service. Our waitress appeared overwhelmed which was surprising, the place isn't that big. Our coffee cups where empty, no flatware on the table and most notably no food. Yet she continued for 30 minutes to wait on the tables all around us - as if we had disappeared from her view. After another 5 minutes I went to the counter to check the status of my order. I had to go to the counter since the waitress continued ignoring my gestures to stop at our table. What a shock - the order was never placed. After some very terse - and not so quiet - words with the owner we decided to leave. Even with the offer of a free meal, I simply didn't have another 40 minutes to waste. I will never return to this establishment again.

1  Thank John R

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Great menu..or so it seemed..but after waiting over 30 min for an omelette we gave up and left. Young waiters although nice kept promising our breakfast "shortly" but it never showed up. Diners around us felt the wait for food was "terrible" as well. Not sure what the deal was in the kitchen but wow they need to get it together...apparently they could take the order, but just couldn't deliver the food .

1  Thank fraidycats
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Nice layout, lots of windows. Service is fine. Breakfast all day. Decent selection of omelets etc. Wish it had healthier options. Good place to meet with friends. Other places in Andover don't handle groups of 5-6 very easily.

1  Thank AndoverBob
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Outstanding locally owned, casual restaurant with a broad selection of breakfast and lunch choices-- waffles, eggs, fruit cups, fabulous salads and sandwiches. PLUS absolutely outstanding teas and coffees. The owner really knows high quality food. Good spot to meet a friend or business associate for a casual meal or to pick up a coffee or sandwich while shopping in Andover. Also a good place to order sandwiches catered for businesses lunches.

1  Thank visitall50