“Great place to stay!”

Allen House Victorian Inn
Allen House Victorian Inn
Ranked #4 of 12 Amherst B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 30, 2011

This was one of our first bed and breakfast experiences. We stayed for one night during a brief overnight visit to the area, but we couldn't have asked for anything more for our stay. The house is beautifully preserved and decorated in Victorian style, but has all of the modern amenities you would want, including comfortable beds, pillows, plenty of heat and hot water (much appreciated during the cold December night we stayed), free wi-fi access, and even an iPod dock in each room. The breakfast was very good, and the service was accommodating and super friendly. This was a great experience in a great area, with an extra touch of hominess added by Panda, the friendly house cat!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Allen House Victorian Inn

Reviewed December 14, 2011

The Inn is beautiful. The breakfast was unusually good, particularly the sausages. Wish I could find them somewhere.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We spend a wonderful, very comfortable night at the Allen House so my son could look at colleges in the area. It is very convenient to everything in Amherst, and the hostess could not have been nicer. I would most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Alan, who runs the Inn, was very pleasant and eager to please. The house is dark inside with lots of antiques covering almost every surface. On a few nights, there was noise of kids on the street outside. Breakfast was good. Not great, but good.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I love traveling but am always grateful to get home to MY bed and MY pillow! I now know that if I'm traveling again to Amherst I can look forward to a bed and pillow just as cozy and comfortable as my own in an absolutely charming setting at the Allen House Victorian Inn. I needed a room at the last minute for just one night and found the most comfortable bed imaginable on the second floor of this beautifully maintained Victorian home. I loved the decor and the attention to detail; all was very clean and neat, and my stay concluded with a delicious breakfast shared with very interesting and friendly guests. On Main Street and just a short walk from Amherst center, I couldn't have found a better place to stay and will certainly hope for a vacancy there next time I visit Amherst.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Once again we had aperfect stay at the Allen House B&B. The room was large, the beds comfortable. Numberous pillows! Lots of lights. Big bathroom. Comfy chairs. And that's just in the room. There's a back porch to sit on, a formal sitting room , an outside firepit with lounge chairs. Plenty of creature comforts, a VERY hospitable owner/operator, and a generous, varied breakfast. As well as all the area maps and information you could want. Another perfect stay in Amherst.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at the Allen House in late August/September 2011. Ann and Allen were the most welcoming innkeepers and made sure that we had everything we needed during our stay.As my
daughter would be living and attending school in Amherst, Allen gave us very helpful tips on restaurants, stores and services in the area. Both Ann and Allen were delightful to talk with about the history of their House and Amherst. The house was so tastefully decorated in the Vctorian period and every picture and decorative item had a story to tell of that era. My daughter and i enjoyed our stay immensely.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Hotel UMass
Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Hadley

Been to Allen House Victorian Inn? Share your experiences!