“Friendly”

Allen House Victorian Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amherst
Allen House Victorian Inn
Ranked #6 of 12 Amherst B&B and Inns
GA
“Friendly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

Alan, who runs the Inn, was very pleasant and eager to please. The house is dark inside with lots of antiques covering almost every surface. On a few nights, there was noise of kids on the street outside. Breakfast was good. Not great, but good.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Poughkeepsie, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

I love traveling but am always grateful to get home to MY bed and MY pillow! I now know that if I'm traveling again to Amherst I can look forward to a bed and pillow just as cozy and comfortable as my own in an absolutely charming setting at the Allen House Victorian Inn. I needed a room at the last minute for just one night and found the most comfortable bed imaginable on the second floor of this beautifully maintained Victorian home. I loved the decor and the attention to detail; all was very clean and neat, and my stay concluded with a delicious breakfast shared with very interesting and friendly guests. On Main Street and just a short walk from Amherst center, I couldn't have found a better place to stay and will certainly hope for a vacancy there next time I visit Amherst.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
St. Petersburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

Once again we had aperfect stay at the Allen House B&B. The room was large, the beds comfortable. Numberous pillows! Lots of lights. Big bathroom. Comfy chairs. And that's just in the room. There's a back porch to sit on, a formal sitting room , an outside firepit with lounge chairs. Plenty of creature comforts, a VERY hospitable owner/operator, and a generous, varied breakfast. As well as all the area maps and information you could want. Another perfect stay in Amherst.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Ventura, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at the Allen House in late August/September 2011. Ann and Allen were the most welcoming innkeepers and made sure that we had everything we needed during our stay.As my
daughter would be living and attending school in Amherst, Allen gave us very helpful tips on restaurants, stores and services in the area. Both Ann and Allen were delightful to talk with about the history of their House and Amherst. The house was so tastefully decorated in the Vctorian period and every picture and decorative item had a story to tell of that era. My daughter and i enjoyed our stay immensely.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Trenton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

Our family stayed at the Allen House for a family get-together in Northampton (just about 20 minutes away by car). The house was painstakingly restored and the Victorian decor was done to the nines. It is located an easy walk to Amherst, as well as the Emily Dickinson house museum, which we also visited with the family. Allen, the proprietor, was extremely friendly and attentive -- especially at the ample breakfast that he and his wife prepared. He was also very accommodating of our family's dietary restrictions. I have only two complaints. The first was that the wireless internet did not work throughout the house (and not at all in our rooms). The second was that our rooms were not thoroughly cleaned before we arrived. There was hair in our bathroom as well as on the floor, visibly. However when we told Allen about the problem, it was quickly resolved. Overall, a nice place to stay with a very conscientious innkeeper.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Sammamish
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

I went to visit my son in Amherst and stayed at The Allen House, built in 1886. Every night I felt like I was going back in time yet with all the creature comforts I needed. I loved having a lighted make up mirror. Hosts Anne And her husband Allen made me feel so welcome. Breakfast was delicious, served at the sister inn (Amherst Inn) just down Main St. Both inns are beautifully and authentically decorated in the period. And the location is great, you can walk into town. I would definitely stay at either inn again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Diane F
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

One of the nicest Bed and Breakfasts my husband and I have ever stayed in. This is a beautiful home with the original, intricate woodwork and restored in a way that is sensitive to its Victorian roots. It is both comfortable and elegant. The guest rooms are large and the beds comfortable. Ann was kind enough to accomodate our late arrival, and Alan fed us a tasty breakfast and entertained us with the history of the house. It was also within walking distance to the town of Amherst. What a gem!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BTVer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Hotel UMass
Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Hadley

Been to Allen House Victorian Inn? Share your experiences!